Monday, June 4, 2012

Off and running with a little throwing also!


There can be a lot of waiting around in track & field.  We opt not to take a "canopy or tent" to small evening meets.  As once their events start we are not stationary. 


Waiting ever so patiently for the start of the 50 hurdles.  She just loves them.  And I must say she does a pretty good job at clearing them. 


Go Killer!  Go Killer!  Go Killer!  Must mention that even though she is 6 years old because of her age by years end she competes in the 7 - 8 age group.  She is so small compared to most of the other girls.  And some of the coaches didn't believe me.  Think I remember exactly when she came out of my body!  That is something us Moms don't forget! 


Straight to the finish! 


One thing I hate about the facility is their throwing areas.  I know unless you have an athlete competing in such events you don't care.  But honestly out of all the facilities I've been to in the last 25 years this one is hands down the worst.  Nice fence view, hun?  That is from the top seat. Under that is chain link.  Muscles is just waiting back there in the group. 


After one of this throws.  He placed third.  Not bad for only picking it up two days earlier.  There was no interest in having Momma help before this meet.  After this meet ... he wants practice and help.  He said it might just be nice to have a Momma that knows what is going on. 


Here is Killer again!  Running straight to that finish line.  This was the 100! 


Killer and Grandma Brereton ... she is a stand person.  Which 100% fine.  Right at the finish line.  No place better to view the races from!  Grandma Grimm was there also but she is a mover like us.  After spending years at track meets she knows to view the throwing events you must find them.  Although my Momma is very quiet there was some swearing going on when she finally made it to the discus area.  She agrees that the place sucks! 



I haven't uploaded my new software yet so I can't turn this picture around.  If I try it deletes it.  This was after one of Muscles shot put attempts.  Again, he now wants help. 



Muscles out there giving the 100 a try.  I'm gonna push for a longer run further into the season. He isn't speedy but can keep a good pace for a distance. 


Their first meet is in the books.  Onward and upward from here.  There is a meet later in the year that all 4 of the Breretons will be competing in.  It is held at the school they attend on July 7, 2012.  Guess I better get myself ready.  Don't know what the hubby will be doing but this girl is "chucking some weight" and "slinging some rubber". 

No comments:

Post a Comment