Friday, March 22, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter

There are tons of recipes and sites for homemade peanut butter online ...... why not add another one?!

It really is easy.  It really is tasty.  And yes, we will be doing it again.  And again.  And again. 

All you need is peanuts!  Our bag yielded 3 cups cleaned peanuts.  I did add a little honey ... 1 tbsp. for moisture.  Some recipes called for oil but I didn't want to add any.  And I threw in a dash of sea salt!  We started by cleaning our peanuts.  Yes, you can use the already cleaned peanuts.  I just found 1 lb 4 oz bags at the flea market today for $1.00.  Thought that was a great price. 

It was a family affair! 


Throw the peanuts in the food processor!  Pulverized for a little bit.   



Then I threw in the honey and sea salt.  Pulverize a little longer! 



The finished product!  Ours isn't as smooth and creamy as store bought because of the no oil.  That is fine with us.  It tastes great.  Honestly, that is what matters.

 
Next ......Almond butter! 
 
Give it a shot!  Let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment