Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Avocado and Egg!


About a week ago, the above picture showed up on my facebook wall.  I follow Health is Wealth and this was one of the easy recipes she shared that day.  Now, I'm new to the avocado world.  I know.  I know.  I tried in the past and just thought they were pretty bland.  Actually, I still do! 

But, this was easy and everything was on hand.  I like to try different things!  Her recipe called for a 1/2 avocado, pit removed, hollow out a little of the hole to accommodate your egg (this would be dependent on size of eggs and avocado), drop in the egg, sprinkle with cayenne pepper, top with a little cheese, throw in the oven at 180 for 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking. 



Doesn't it just look lonely sitting there?  Don't judge my cookie sheets.  I highly recommend using foil.  Will 100% be use in the future! 


If your avocado is not level, well, guess what happens!  Yep, a nice mess.  Where the foil would come in handy.  I would recommend cleaning it up now!  Added some crushed red pepper flakes to the top and threw in the oven.  When reading the recipe and it stated 180 degrees ... that sounded low.  Dumb me never gave it a thought that the recipe was in Celsius.  So that would be roughly 350 degrees Fahrenheit which would work great.  Not telling you how long the 180 degrees would take and yes in due time I turned up the oven. 


Finished product.  The yolk was warm and thick.  I must say it was different but yummy.  I will do it again.  I just scooped bites with my fork right out of the skin.  Been thinking about other ways to top it to make it tasty.  And my thought was .. now it might sound gross .. but spreading it on a good whole grain toast!  Overall on a scale from 1 to 10 ..... my rating would be a 7 1/2. 

Let me know if you give it a try! 


No comments:

Post a Comment