Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A blog post? What!

My blog posts have become far and few as of late.  You see many times it is just a normal day in the life of Jen!  Wake, meditate, exercise, kiddos off to school, laundry, clean, kiddos home from school, dinner, and evening activities.  Not really spectacular stuff!  Seriously.  Does that sound like interesting reading?  With that said ... I've decided that the blog posts will be more frequent.  Whether it be exercise, thoughts, interests, food, or life .... I really want this blog to be what I intended!  Sound good to you?  Sounds good to me! 

As most of you are aware, I started Les Mills Pump 10 days ago.  It is definitely a departure from P90X.  Which is good.  Lord knows that change is good.  And I do embrace change.  Although, I must admit to feeling like I'm cheating on Tony.  He has become a mainstay in my life.  The irony is while doing push-ups, endless push-ups, the other day ... I watched the P90X infomercial while I worked out.  Nothing like sets of squats, push-ups and an ab workout to an infomercial! 

But back to Pump.  Not going to lie.  At the beginning, I found it a little remedial.  I know every one out there hasn't been lifting weights since the age of 16.  And I learned early on that good form means a TON!  But the "basics" seemed a little condescending to me.  Really is there any adult out there that doesn't know how to properly pick up a barbell?  Or set their legs for a squat?  I know there are but hey .... this wouldn't be my blog without a little complaint!  I continue on.  Fully committed to this 90 day challenge.  I have taken measurements.  I have taken the before pics.  We won't talk about those right now!  You can be sure that I will share them when the time is right.  I've shared "scary" things before.  And I will do it again! 
The Pump is interesting.  It is always difficult at first.  Watching, listening, and trying to do every thing at once.  When the screen asks if you want subtitles it worries me a little.  Most of the instructors are from New Zealand.  But I don't find their accent hard to understand.  I kinda like it.  There is one particular women ... ugh ... she just irritates me.  And that is saying a lot since I'm a Tony fan!  And while I'm being honest, this may be TMI, there is one woman on Pump and Burn .. oh .. damn .. can't believe I'm admitting this .. I think she has the best legs and butt I've ever seen.  If doing this for any period of time, even years, will get my lower half to look it's best like hers ..... I'M IN!  I know mine will never look like that ... we all have to make our body the best it can be. 

I'm eating better.  And getting closer to consuming the correct amount of calories.  Starting tomorrow, I will be logging into myfitnesspal.com with all of my nutritional information.  My account is LoveLaughSweatFuel.  With my new Fire logging will be so much easier.  I really feel good.  And I don't intend to stop!  Over the past week, I've taken serious steps in effort to get in calories.  I don't starve myself.  I just don't have a desire to eat after exercising.  But as I said ... small steps ... small measures ... over time ... hopefully big results! 
I leave with this .. for the first time in a good while, I'm really excited about doing my "What can a year do?" check-in.  It won't be at the 30 day mark for this challenge but I'm feeling a difference.  It may not show in the numbers or pictures but I know it will at some point.  So come one, strap yourself in, and let's go for a ride!  LET'S MAKE 2012 AMAZING!       

1 comment: