Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What can a year do? Part 4

Here we are in May already!  May 1st to be exact.  Can you believe it?  If I remember correctly, my last post in this ongoing saga was not necessarily the most positive.  But I'm just going by memory.  I set out to "own" April.  In some ways, I've succeeded.  And in other, I've failed.  But I am accepting both with open arms.  On April 9th, I started Les Mills Pump from Beachbody.  So, I have a few more weeks to go in completing the first round of it.  To date, I'm liking it.  At first it seemed a little remedial.  It went over proper lifting, etc.  I know the purpose behind it but it wasn't some thing that I needed. 

The goal was and is to follow the 90 day plan and nutrition plan.  I was sidelined for 5 days due to a serious "cold".  You know fever, chills, coughing, can not breath type thing!  One thing everyone should know is that when I'm sick....food goes out the window.  I normally have a hard time eating enough calories.  When I'm sick it isn't an issue.  I have no desire to consume any single thing with nutritional value.  It is the strangest thing.  I will hardly consume any thing but it will be crap.  I have started using Shakeology by Beachbody.  It has really helped me get in my "calories".  And I must admit that I'm beginning to like it.  It is costly.  But I agreed, with myself, that it would be purchased for 3 months. 

If I have to rate myself this month, percentage wise, I would give myself a 85% on the workout side.  I've really pushed through some things BUT my running has taken a serious nose dive!  To rectify that I've signed up for a mileage challenge in May.  I'm shooting for 80 miles.  From about maybe 15 last month to 80 this month.  WTH was I thinking?  Don't worry about me.  It will make me push myself.  And I have found that to be a good thing!  On the nutrition side, I'll go with about 80%.  I could have been better.  And will be this month.  When I get stressed about one aspect in my life ... I eat.  The plan this month is to workout.  Have you heard of the "Deck of Death"?  Well it may resurface many times.  Or my little routine.  Or maybe just numerous push ups, crunches, chair dips, etc.  What ever to make myself not eat! 

Also, I've really been trying to log into myfitnesspal daily.  Logging the workouts bugs me.  I don't know how to list some of them.  But it has pushed me to pay attention to my nutritional intake.  The weekends might not see me visit at every meal.  Hey!  That is family time.  But I plan to check in at least 28 days out of 31 in May.  You see I have a plan for May......



No!  I'm not going to think about David Beckham all sweaty.  I'm gonna make May my bitch.  Can you believe I just said that.  OMG!  There is a reason that I want May to shine.  You see May 31, 2012 is my 39th birthday!  I wanna check in on that day and just blow myself away!  Now down to the nitty gritty details.........

Here are my measurements last month and this month.......

3-29-12                                                   5-1-12
Neck 14 5/8                                            15
Waist  38 1/2                                          37
Calf  both 16 1/2                                     R 15 1/2  L 15 1/4
Thigh  R 24 3/4 L 24 1/4                        R 24 L 24 1/2
Arm R 15 L 14 3/4                                 R 15 3/8 L 15
Weight ... I didn't write it down!            I can't find the scale!  SERIOUSLY! 

My hubby thinks he left it in the garage.  I will 100% add them in my blog tomorrow night.  PROMISE!  Do you want to see pics?  Must warn you that the "horrible photographer" was in charge again.  One plus is I did go look at new cameras.  Maybe that will help him out.  Doubt it! 



Full on!  Hey.  At least I don't have a "do rag" or hat on this month?  LOL! 


Needless to say, I'm a little happy with the results of the crunches and nutritional side.  Just imagine if it was 100%.  We will see at the end of the month. 


No.  I do not like my butt.  But my photographer always takes pics of it.  So I have a pretty good little picture diary. 


Sorry!  You have to love those.  I love calf muscles.  Love.  Love.  Love.  Can't wait to see what is in store! 


I'm telling you....it is THERE!  Damn it!  The massive push-ups this month have really added to the definition of my arms, shoulders, triceps, etc.  They are 100% staying in the routine!  I highly recommend them. 


So you can't really tell in this pic but the definition is really getting there.  My hubby grabbed my arm and proclaimed "Momma is getting all muscular on me.  You will be my protector!"  Yes honey.  I will protect you till the end as I have in the past.  That is a story for another day.  I should note that these pics were taken in my front yard.  I live about 30 yards off a main road.  No one is surprised by any thing they see here any more! 

Anyone out there want to make May their bitch?!  Come on.  Join me.  Let's make sure this month rocks!  How about a mileage challenge?  You can walk, jog, run, bike, crawl, hike, skate, whatever!  Pick a distance.  Post it to LoveLaughSweatFuel tomorrow and lets' get this party started!  Also, anyone up for a 3,500 push-up challenge?  Yep.  I mean 3,500 push-ups in 30 days.  That averages out to like 117 a day.  That is off the top of my head.  If you don't think that is attainable, just push yourself.  Like never before.  See how many you can do.  I would like to say full out push-ups but if you need your knees bent.  Or even from the counter/wall to start....I'll take it.  You had to think when I came up with a challenge it was gonna be kinda big.  I do like the saying ... GO BIG or GO HOME! 

So let's get this party started!  Come on!  Follow me on this killer roller coaster ride through May! 





    

No comments:

Post a Comment