Sunday, December 23, 2012

2013 Outlook

Like everyone else .. at years end .. well .. I start to look ahead.  But first must look back on the year that was.  At the end of 2011, I did a post just like this one.  One with goals, distances, miles run, times, etc.  Not even gonna take the time to look it up.

I'm sure there where goals met.  Ones that came up short.  And others that were modified as time went on.  Things change.  People change.  We grow and evolve every single day.  Part of life is adapting with the ebb and flow of life. 

In 2012, I was really effected by all the news stories concerning runners.  Mainly the abductions and murders.  They should effect all of us.  I did a lot of things to keep myself safe before.  But now so even more.  My Sister-in-law had a life changing/saving liver transplant.  And came out on the other side great.  My kiddos demanded my attention by asking me to not be on the computer as much.  There were many other things in 2012 but those items stuck out.   

So going into 2013, I could do the same type of post.  Make another list of races, miles, and workout desires.  But I'm not going to.  Looking at it as part of the growth and adapting part of life.  Will those things play a major part of my life?  Well .. YES!  But not my main focus. 


2013 is going to be about dream, hope, faith, peace, and joy.  
 
Dream = following my dreams.  Teaching my children that you can make your dreams a reality with hard work and dedication.
 
Hope = my hope for a brighter future. 
 
Faith = reassuring my faith in my fellow man.
 
Peace = finding peace of mind in all situations. 
 
Joy = living each and every single day with joy. 
 
 
The year 2013 equals ..........
 
Less  FACEBOOK ... I will maintain my page.  Bringing more in the lines of food and exercise information BUT not while my family is home.  My time will be devoted to them. 
 
MORE face to face contact.  It is time that some relationships get repaired. 
 
LESS worry about times and distances.  Just enjoying the workout process and improving without worry.
 
MORE quality time with my loved ones.  Life is short! 
 
MORE lunches and dinners with friends, family, and acquaintances.  
 
MORE getting to really know people. 
 
MORE time training our dog.  Walking.  Running. And in general entertaining the poor guy! 
 
MORE finding my spiritual center. 
 
MORE emotional work. 
 
MORE reading! 
 
MORE blogs! 
 
LESS excuses. 
 
Basically 2013 is about me reconnecting and committing myself to my life.  Nurturing the relationships in it.  Getting out more.  And just generally living my life! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment