Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I really don't know what to title it ............


This is the type of picture you are supposed to view after a marathon.  Smiles.  Cheers.  Exhilaration.  Thrill.  Family.  Friends.  The culmination of time spent.  Of countless hours.  Of countless miles.  Of countless time spent chasing a dream.  Yesterday a tragic and senseless act happened at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  They say that only 1% of people will ever "toe the line" at a marathon.  Very few of that 1% will ever qualify for the Boston Marathon. 

For those that follow my facebook page, a thank you for understanding my need to go offline yesterday afternoon.  As I sit here typing this my thoughts are with my "cheering section".  I continue to think of the countless amount of times my family has stood at finish lines waiting for that brief minute or two to see me crossing the line.  Whether it be in 5k, 10k, 13.1, or 26.2's.  Knowing the amount of patience it takes to stand and wait.  To show the love and support they have for me.   

Running is a interesting thing.  Some love it.  Some hate it.  Some love to hate it.  And some just want to conquer it.  I am the last.  I want to conquer it.  When you show up at a race the feeling of comradery is amazing.  Whether you are a 5 minute a mile person or a 13 minute a mile person.  We are all there to do the same thing.  Push our mind and body to our limit. 

I am proud to say that I am part of the running community.  I am proud to say that "I have toed the line".  And it makes me feel just as good to say "I will toe the line again."  I am proud to say that my family has stood on the side as spectators many times.  And it makes me feel just as good to say "My family will stand on the side again." 

In times like these everyone looks for a reason.  Trying to understand these types of acts.  I do not.  I live in the frame of mind that to truly understand how or why an individual/individuals could willing hurt innocent people you must be in that frame of mind.  No thank you!  We live in a world where these senseless acts happen every single solitary day.  There is no making sense of it.  As you sit here reading my words the world is no different today than it was yesterday or the day before. 

The only thing that these types of acts teach us is the importance living our lives to the fullest.  Going after our dreams.  Not holding back.  Live every single solitary day.  Push yourself beyond what you think is possible.  Go after those dreams.  Laugh at every given chance.  Life is short.  It is a one time roller coaster ride.  Spend your time doing things that you love.  Let those that you love know it.  Show them how much you love them.  Let each and everyone in your life know they have meaning.




Coming tomorrow .... my husbands 1/2 marathon experience. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment