Friday, July 19, 2013

Drive-In Time!

This summer I'm trying to make up for not taking our normal beach vacation.  The kiddos gave me a "good job" vote yesterday.  We decided to replace a portion of our roof and did not want to spend the amount of money necessary for the roof and beach together.  When it is all said and done ... the beach would have been cheaper.  Trust me!    

I was trolling FB while camping one day.  A friend posted about the drive-in.  Drive-In?  Lord, I have not been to the drive-in since around the age of 9 or 10.  Technically, my sons age!  There is a drive-in located in Chester, WV.  And that is about a 1/2 hour drive from our home.  My thought was "YEP!  WE ARE A GOING!" 

It was a double feature of Monster University and Despicable Me 2 starting at 9 pm.  Custom made for the kiddos.  Hubby was excited.  We planned for a Saturday night.  The gate reportedly opened at 8 pm.  I had read that the movie opened the prior night and the gates were closed early due to filling up already.  The police were called because of cars backing down the main road , etc. 

We decided to head over early.  I could lie and say we didn't go purchase snacks and drinks ahead of time but I won't!  Everyone picked out their favorites.  We arrived at the driveway around 7:35 pm and there were already cars piling in.  Guessing we were around car #25 in the gates.  We picked our spot.  Decided on seating.  And the wait was on! 


This was out plan.  Blanket and pillows.  Lounging on the ground.  They were excited! 


Shortly after this picture was taken....my hubby proclaimed "No way!"  And other arrangements were made.  The back seats in my Rendezvous are removable.  They were taken out.  Sat on the ground.  And seating was made! 


When does this thing start?! 


Waiting really sucks! 

   
Our arrangements for the rest of the show.  The movies were great.  The kiddos enjoyed themselves.  We will definitely go back.  Now, I will say that the entire place could use a face lift and some rather cheap updates.  But all in all a great time.  

This weekends double feature is Turbo and The Lone Ranger!  Might see you there............. 

No comments:

Post a Comment