Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pedal Kart Hell

I know.  I know.  This was to be written days ago!  No matter what I write it would just be an excuse.  But now I'm back and have days worth of material. 

Pedal Karts are an activity available at our favorite family campground.  The kiddos have wanted to ride them for a year or so.  Parents did the veto before.  They looked heavy and we continually saw kids pushing them not riding them. 

This time around was different.  Without my hubby there for the first four days .. well .. honestly .. I was game for anything.  Before getting into the karts, I should mention that the campground is roughly 1 1/2 miles long with off shoots.  From the gate/office, where one collects their kart, is a long gradual hill.  Really it is the side of the damn.  The road is newly paved for about a 1/3 of a mile and then it is gravel.  Hills.  Valleys.  Flat.  Potholes. 

They are a challenge.  Here are pics of my daughter and I on our respective pedal karts..........





Let us not discuss my daughters looking like a boy.  She wanted to wear her brothers clothes all weekend.  And damn was I tired!  This ride is where my knees and bumm finally said "No more!" 

This are strictly pedaled by you!  I have bruises on the inside of my knees from the steering wheel.  And along my bumm from the seat.  Which is not at all manufactured for an adult bumm.  This picture was taken during my last trip on a pedal kart that weekend.  I rode up and down the big hill five or six times that week.  She made it four.  There is a difference in the little carts available.  The one pictured was easier for her to ride.  The others I ended up towing her by holding the front of the cart with one arm and pedaling mine. 

EXHAUSTING! 

Our boy never cleared a hill .. the large or small.  All in all they are fun.  But they are work!  It was a great workout and the girl loved it.  That makes whatever I thought meaningless.  If you are ever in Austin Lake Parks neck of the woods ... try one out!  Wrist bands are $10.00 for the day or $14.00 for two days.  They incluce the pedal karts, paddle boats, tube slide, and kayaks.  All things that keep you moving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment