Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A little reintroduction......... (year old post with a few updates)

Good morning!  My thought is to do a little reintroduction of my blog.  My facebook page has many new followers and most of them don't know that I started out as a blog.  It has been since I don't know when that I completed a blog posting.  That is just unacceptable! 

LoveLaughSweatFuel was chosen for a specific reason.  Don't we all have a reason for naming our blogs or Facebook pages?!  Here is the breakdown .... 

1.  Love ... seriously shouldn't you do things that you love daily.  Surround yourself with people that you love.  Enjoy those that you love.  These are my "loves"............

My family.  Aka John (hubby), Muscles (my son), and Killer (my daughter)


I may love this group more than anything but I'm pretty blunt sometimes on the frustrations that come along with them.  Mainly the parenting aspect.  Really, you give me a manual for a toaster but WTH do you do with a child?!  I live in the world of complete reality.  Yes, I do believe that my children are wonderful human beings that I truly cherise.  BUT I also will admit quite frankly to the irritations, frustrations, and head-aches of having them.  And subscribe to the idea that if you say every single day with your children is "sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops" one of four things are happening .. 1.  you are lying, 2.  you are on some medication (prescribed or not), 3.  some one needs to check your water glass, or 4.  all the above. 

2.  Laugh ... life is too short!  Why be serious all the time?!  I try to find humor in a lot of things.  Yes, I'll admit to having a strange sense of humor.  I'm a pretty sarcastic person that, self admittedly, is hard to get to know.  And my sense of humor doesn't help out.  Some things just strike me funny!  My hubby and I laugh EVERY SINGLE DAY!  That is one of his strongest attributes.  He makes me laugh.  And we laugh at each other more than anything!  As we always say "We are such speds!"  I just wrote the word sped!  That was popular like 1985 .. I'm dating myself!  Here is an example of what makes me laugh........




Sorry!  Every single time I look at this picture ... well I laugh!  The good hard belly laugh. 

3.  Sweat .... it is good to break a sweat daily!  For me that isn't hard.  I sweat very easily.  Thinking about it makes me sweat!  Seriously, I've always done some type of exercise.  Even back in the day.  But, oh let me see, around 7 years ago.  Let's just say.  That I got.  Well a "spur up my ass".  And started moving.  This is the spur ...



My goodness!  The day this pic arrived on my computer ... I started my journey.  Apparently, the exercise I had been doing was doing enough.  So, I started walking.  No longer exercising but working out.  Hard.  Watching what I consumed.  Changing my habits.  And that led me to finally trying to run .. I believe I am still in the trying phase.  Then to P90X.  Body Pump.  Body Beast.  And whatever else may strike my fancy.  The sweating led me to this ... 


I consider this my "during" phase.  This is an outdated picture as right now I'm in the "fluffy" stage of a bulk which is seriously messing with my mind.  Trust the process.  Trust the process.  But there is about a 75 lbs. weight difference here.  My goal is to make myself the best me that I can be!  And I don't believe I'm there yet.  But those goals don't have to do with a number but more what I want.  Everyone has a "list".  That is a story for another day.   

 4.  Fuel ... this is my biggest struggle!  First off ...  I should admit for a very large portion of my life, I did not consume enough food.  And it got worse once I was a few years into my journey.  I know all about starvation.  Not intentional starvation.  But I found when I exercise a good bit .... well .... how about we just say .... there is no desire to eat.  I must force myself.  And since, I have started using myfitnesspal in order to track specifically calories in and out.  I feel much better and have noticed a difference. 

Some think that my view on food is a bit extreme.  IDK!  Maybe it is.  I grew up just like everyone else.  In a home with home cooked meal most of the time.  Packed my lunch daily for school.  Bought the popular products.  Ate what I believe was a healthy balance of things.  Well, I thought that until the "spur" showed up.  But then something kinda switched.  I started reading.  Watching documentaries.  Looking at things that I had never thought about.  Looking at things in a different light.  And well this is my idea on food very loosely ....


Yes, I feel that our food system is like one big science experiment and we are the lab rats.  There maybe times when I share some of my fuel ideas and they may bother you.  I don't know everything.  Heck, I barely know enough to get myself through.  But we all have our beliefs and they are all truly valid.  I stray every so often.  Heck, we are all human. 

So there I am in a very condensed little nutshell!  I am just a mom in "Littleville" trying to make her way through this messed up world.  Trying to show her children that we can accomplish anything and everything we want.  I am not an expert.  Nor trainer.  Nor dietitian.  I find motivation in many things.  What motivates me may not motivate you.  What inspires me may not inspire you.  

But if one moment of my "ebbs and flows" can show someone else out there that they are not alone .... well then hell .... I will feel like I've accomplished something in the grand scheme of things.  So, this little introduction may not give you a true sense of who I am but I hope helps.  Here I am ready to embark on my "blog world" journey again.  I hope to hear your comments, opinions, insights, and any thing in between!  And I always subscribe to the belief of .... if we all had the same opinion this would be one boring world! 

Give my little blog a chance.  My hopes is to make you think and laugh just every once in a while.  I don't want to be "too heavy"! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment