Thursday, July 26, 2012

What have I gotten myself into!

A good bit of you might remember that I started attending Zumba a few weeks ago.  I go purely for the fun of it.  It is a workout that you get back what you put in.  So with each class, I put in more work.  On Tuesday, literally, there was sweat dripping from my nose.  Sorry Zumba ladies!  This girl doesn't perspire.  This girl sweats! 

Our regular class is for beginners and older individuals.  I joked which of those categories I belong in.  We all know that some people think if you are "closing in" on forty that you have a foot in the grave!  PISH POSH!  We laugh.  We chuckle.  We look at each other with bewilderment.  Like no one wants to admit they are having fun.  That we all look like fools.  Heck, I took Killer with me the other night.  She made it through 5 songs.  Pretty good! 

Well on Tuesday, we were asked if we would like to partake in a "special project" in class.  Wish I could tell you what the "special project" is but you'll see soon enough.  Being me and knowing that life is short ... of course I said "Heck yeah!"  Life is short and it should be fun.  In the past, I might just have shrunk along the wall and passed. 

So last night we all gathered for a meeting about the "special project".  Of course while we were there they made us "dance".  No biggee!  We do attend Zumba class so dancing is involved.  Well the meeting was held in a rec room that had mirrored wall.  I remember all three times in my life that mirrored walls were in place .... dance classes when I was little, fun house at an amusement park, and wedding dress shopping. 

Now I'm a pretty confident person.  I'm pretty comfortable with myself.  I'm pretty confident in my dancing abilities.  I'm pretty open to new experiences.  I'm pretty open to making a fool of myself. 

BUT last night, I came to an eye opening realization .....................



This is 500% right on the money!  OMG!  I could barely keep a straight face.  I actually went to my sedate down in the dumps face while dancing just to keep myself from busting out laughing!  I just needed the shirt, tutu, and boots!  OMG!  I laughed the whole way home! 

Those mirrors had to be old fun house mirrors!  Right?!  Don't disagree with me! 

WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO!? 



Keep an eye out for the "special project" ... it will be coming soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment