Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A strange THANK YOU ......

This week I came very close to being face to face with someone that I haven't been face to face with  since a nice November day in 2009.  On November 17, 2009 the sun was shining.  The day was great.  Now don't hold me to the exact time on the clock but I do believe it was 1:30 pm. Hadley and I were playing in the playroom, a glass sun room.  The glider that I purchased when Payne was born sitting in the corner.  I would sit there and read as she played while Payne was at school.  At 1:35 pm, my husband decided to lay down.  He was working midnights.  Hadley laid down with him.  I tucked them in, grabbed a drink, and started to sit on the couch.

The time was now 1:40 pm......when I saw the reflection in the TV.  The reflection of a car speeding over the hill and loosing control.  I turned and watched it rolling end over end.....into our playroom.  I will never forget that.  Heck, I'm starting to cry now.  I think about it each and every single time I sit in that spot on the couch.  It flipped end over end over end....hitting the corner with my chair.  Shooting it across the room....into many, many pieces.  The car landed on its roof.  I scrambled to get my husband.  Avoid the glass that flew all over the living room and kitchen.  While trying to call the authorities.  They asked if anyone was in the vehicle.  I couldn't tell.  I couldn't move.  No shoes and 1 1/2 inches of glass surrounding you doesn't work well.  The unnamed gentleman....I know his name and he lives a stones throw from my house.  Really under a mile!....jumped up and yelled "I'm good.  There is no one else in the car."  And off he ran. 
 

Now what happened after that doesn't matter.  Since that day, I've never come face to face with him.  Needless to say, it seems as if he avoids my husband and I like the plague.  He drives by.  We drive by his home.  I have wanted to stop many times.  I've heard that his children were pulled from school on that day so they would not be traumatized.  WHY?!  He wasn't here?  He ran.  He got caught quickly.  But no one asked about our children.  My son was at school.  And my daughter was nicely entertained by a very nice passerby.  At the time, I did write thank you to the two of them in our local paper.  Never did any one from that "camp" ever ask us anything.  Never heard a thing.

I'm not shocked by that at all.  I go from wanting to tell him he is a jackass to giving him a thank you.  I realized a lot that day about life and myself.  Life is short.  It can end in an instant.  I told my husband that I ALMOST came face to face with him earlier in the week.  He questioned what would I say.  I told him .... more than likely thank you.  Thank you for the realization that life is short.  That a mere 5 minutes earlier and all of our stories would be so different.  There is no doubt that I would have been seriously injured.  And my daughter would have been hurt.  I can only imagine what those that chased this gentleman down would have done then. 

So this strange THANK YOU goes out to you.....W*^^*!^ S%$#.  I thank you for making me realize how short life can be.  I thank you for making me realize that I must go after my dreams.  I thank you for making me realize that there are some pretty good people in this world....passerby....and some pretty shitty ones....you.  And I also thank you for avoiding me .... I more than likely would seriously have to fight the urge to punch you.  Thank you!      

No comments:

Post a Comment