Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Variety being the spice of life.....

Don't they say variety is the spice of life?  Thought I heard that one time or another.  I'm a fan of variety.  Music.  Clothes.  Hairstyles.  Hair color.  Nutrition.  Exercise.  Wait a minute?  Did I just say in exercise? 

Music ... yes.  I have everything from Garth Brooks to LMFAO on my Shuffle. 

Clothes ... yes.  To match my mood!  Been known to rock ballet flats and other days 5 inch stripper heels.   

Hairstyles ... yes.  Shorter the better!  Spiky.  Straight.  Outrageous.  Bald.  I've done it and will do it all again.

Hair color ... yes.  Have you seen a rainbow?  Purple = check.  Red = check.  Yellow = check.  Orange = double check.  Green = triple check.  Black = check.  Various blonde's = check.  And I'll do them all over again.  Well, maybe not black.  Even I had to admit that didn't work!  Did you notice one shade missing?  Blue.  That comes next week! 

Nutrition ... yes.  I love to try new things.  I love new recipes.  I love time consuming labored dinners.  I love to cook.  I love to try new ingredients.  My hubby would eat dirt on a plate if you served it to him.  That isn't entirely true.  He has admitted that there are several items that are served up regularly at functions that he doesn't like but eats because he doesn't want to hurt any ones feelings.  And my kids, well, they will try just about anything.  I really think they learn by example.  I've consumed some things that I very much dislike just so my kids would try them.  If you don't try, how can you make your kids try?! 

Exercise ... no.  Pretty much, I'm a P90X'er and runner.  I love the P90X.  I love weights.  I like running.  I'm not to the love stage yet.  Do you ever get there?  And you don't have to do the workouts in order if you don't want.  I have been following the schedule, as of late, and feel pretty good.  But I've been thinking about ordering Insanity and Les Mills Body Pump.  Actually, the order goes in tomorrow.  After talking to my hubby, after all he does make most of the $$.  I will only be ordering one of them.  After talking to him, he did bring up a good point.  I want a new bike.  And plan to attend yoga for a few classes and will be attending a local Zumba class for variety.  So, he asked why buy both now.  Why not wait on one until later in the year when the weather starts to change?  Heck, he is right.  So, I'm not going to tell which one I'm ordering.  When the package arrives, I'll share!  And I will be on the look-out for a new bike. 

Variety ... yes!  I plan to embrace you! 


So, do you have spice in your life?  


Do you embrace variety?       

No comments:

Post a Comment