Thursday, March 29, 2012

What a year can do? part III

Here we are March is over!  Wow!  Since I'm trying to be as honest as possible.  I really have to admit.  I have to admit that I'm tired of myself.  My feeling is that I've been "talkin' the talk but not walkin' the walk".  What do you think?  Some of you have been here for a little while and honestly ...

I've come the realization that tracking food, calories, fat, whatever is going to be necessary.  I'm looking at it like dusting.  I don't like to do it!  If you know me, you are fully aware of how true that statement is.  But I have to do it.  I'm not big #'s person.  I don't weigh myself very often.  Actually wrote last month that I would be discontinuing the weight measurement in this series.  But I'm not going to.  I have about 20 to 25 lbs. that I would like to lose.  I knew when I set out on this journey it would be difficult for this last bit. 

But I'm going to do it.  There is no but.  I want to be about 170 to 175 lbs.  Heck that is only about 16 pounds away!?!?!  I know what I want.  I know what I need to do.  Sometimes.  Sometimes.  Sometimes, I really think I'm afraid to put in the work.  I don't know why.  I've manned myself with some "food and activity" charts.  And intend on tracking every day starting tomorrow until the end of April.  That is my "self" challenge for the next month. 

I also did the pre test for the 200 squat challenge.  Without looking it up, I think the number was like 58.  I just remember the 50's.  I will complete that challenge.  It will start on Monday for me.  I plan to post my progress.  And by all means you can join along!  Go to twohundredsquats.com for more information.  They have a printable chart along with a download for those with mobile devices. 

So here are the numbers for the month........

February                                                        March
Neck  14 5/8                                                  14 5/8
Waist  38 1/2                                                 38 1/2
Arm   Left 14 3/4  Right 15                          14 3/4   15
Calf   Both were 16 1/2                                 Both are 16 1/2
Thigh  Left 24   Right 24 1/2                        24 1/4   24 3/4
Weight   186                                                 186

Hey, I didn't gain weight.  And measurements stayed basically the same.  I'm looking at it as a win!  I need something positive right now.  I've warned you before that my pictures SUCK!  You could scare mice away with them.  Here are some more!  This will be the last month with my NON-photographer of a husband taking pics.  He has been fired!  My Momma will be taking them from now on. 


This picture just scares me.  Really when will I get to the point of like my photos?  Does that ever happen? 


I know there are people against plastic surgery but I've seriously thought about removing my "double chin" once I reach my goal and maintain it for at least a year.  It is a family thing.  I think the WHOLE tree got hit with the double chin stick! 



It really is there.  I swear.  I can sit here and look in the mirror as I'm typing and there is definition.  There is a line.  But damned if it will show in a photo.  I've got 7 more months, right?  Oh, it will show. 




Ahhh, maybe you can see a little tricep action there.  I don't know. Maybe just wishful thinking.  Again, you can see it in the mirror or in person.  I'll get there. 


Don't be afraid of my pasty white calf muscle.  You would think I haven't seen the sun.  I have a major thing for calf muscles.  Sorry but a defined calf is just sexy.  I don't care if it is a man or woman!  The following is why my photographer was fired!  Damn it!  Take the pictures I want! 




Really!?  Why would I want a pic of my butt?  Seriously.  I'm just fed up with the service that I get! 



And who in the world wants a picture of the dogs back and my foot?!  Never have I wanted a picture of my foot?!  Dude!  You really need to take some photography classes. 

My goal for April is to see some real changes in the stats listed.  Log some serious miles.  Work on my squat challenge.  Ride my bike a few times.  Get working on a new workout program that I have coming.  And do this!  I've wasted 3 months.  At least I feel that way.  Please feel free to join the squat challenge!  And if you see me in person, please ask me how I'm doing.  I plan to share on my page my every day accomplishments.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment