Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August - a new month!

Thirty one days to do what ever.  If you haven't started on your journey, just think what you will feel like in thirty one days!  Wow!  By the end of this month, the kiddos will be back in school.  Boy, do we have some activities to cram in.   

So if we all remember correctly, I've been wanting to pick u my blog posts more frequently.  I came up with some good ideas.  Working on some guest bloggers.  You get the idea.  Then yesterday I came across Fitness Cheerleader.  She posted a blogging challenge for all fitness/wellness/inspirational/whatever bloggers out there.  One post every day for the month of August. 

She even gave us a list of ideas!  One for every single day.  Well, I'm going to use her listing loosely because I do have my own ideas.  But my plan is to refer to her list on the "I don't know!" days.  I then have to share on her blog and comment.  Sounds like a good idea.  Hope it all works out.  Last night when I tried to post a comment on her blog it kept blocking me.  But I'll figure it out.

Goal list for August ......                                                          

1.  Blog daily!                                                                    It may not be long!  It may not be
2.  Adhere to my training schedule!                                    extensive!  But I'm going to stick
3.  Have fun running the Warrior Dash 8/26!                     to it. 
4.  Share one recipe each week!
5.  Check pricing on local indoor pool                                I will accomplish every single item! 
6.  150 chair dip challenge                                                  Especially, number 7. 
7.  Be kind to myself.

My plan is also to post a daily challenge for all of you!  I will post both here in my blog and on my Facebook page.  These items may be fitness related.  May be food related.  May be share related.  May be related to your fellow man.  I don't know!?  It sounds good! 

So for today, I'll make it easy.  Let me and all the other readers know what one goal is that you have for August.  Can be any thing that you want to share.  Can't wait to hear from all of you!


From the Fitness Cheerleader share list .... Five favorite workout songs and why?

1.  Hey ya!  by Outkast  ....  seriously!  Do I have to say why?  I hear it and just want to bust a move!
2.  Mein Teil by Rammstein .... it is dark, it is edgy, it is weird, it is really messed up, it is by a really messed up group from Germany.  Remember they are much more open! 
3.  Run through the Jungle by Creedance Clearwater Revival
4.  Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle by LMFAO
5.  Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones .... they do nothing wrong in my eyes.  I love the Stones.  Paint it Black has always been a song that just puts me in the right place.  IDK why?  It is the last song that I listened to before each and every single sporting event I've ever participated in.  My BF back in the day, on our way to said sporting events, would just stop mid conversation and say "You better paint it black now!"  She just new.  I still listen to it in the car on the way to races. 

What are some of your favorite workout songs?  Why do they motivate you?  Can't wait to hear.  You never know what good song maybe out there just waiting in the wings.   

Let's set August on FIRE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment