Friday, August 3, 2012

Zumba Flash Mob!


Good morning!  If you remember Zumba entered my life about three weeks ago.  Maybe four at the longest.  It is fun.  It makes you laugh.  And, at least for me, it is usually my third or sometimes fourth workout of the day .. twice a week.  A few weeks ago, the instructor came to the class with the flash mob idea.  Apparently another local group from the East Liverpool/Calcutta area had hit a festival while we were on vacation back in June. 

The idea was to hit the Wellsville Italian Fest.  I grew up just outside of Wellsville.  Literally, my entire life.  But I've never attended the Italian Fest before.  Unless there is another flash mob there .. I won't attend again.  Listening to bad polka music walking around drinking on the street while viewing bad crafts just isn't my idea of fun.  Sorry! 

I'm not gonna lie to you!  When the idea was brought up of the flash mob .. I jumped at it.  We live in what I've always referred to as "Slimeville" or "Smallville" Ohio.  And NOTHING EVER HAPPENS HERE.  Let me get my point across NOTHING EVER HAPPENS HERE!  When might I get this chance again?!  A good bit of people around here didn't even know what it was.  Trust me .. I looked like a third eye appeared when I mentioned it in conversation one day. 

The flash mob was comprised of individuals from the Wellsville and East Liverpool area Zumba classes.  We met and practiced two official times.  Practices didn't always go great for me.  You see I'm very confident in my dance abilities but I was right beside a lady that should be on Americas Got Talent.  Seriously!  I just wanted to watch her.  She would pop out with hip hop moves, etc.  She was great!

My stomach was flip flopping when I was getting ready.  But when I got there .. not so much.  It was nothing compared to standing in the small sea of people waiting for the marathon to start last fall.  Really .... 4 minutes versus what ended up being 5+ hours of my life ..... NO COMPARISON!  Attached is the video and some pics that were taken last night.  It was fun.  I would highly recommend it should you get the chance to FLASH MOB it! 
 





Few of the ladies beforehand!  Kim 1 (black shirt) talked me into going to the class .. well there wasn't much talking involved.  Kim 2 (with the P) and her daughter Felicia (hope I spelled that right!).  Both Kims ... AKA Wonder Woman and Bat Girl ... are part of the Super Hero group doing the Warrior Dash. 

Killer was enthused about being there! 

Go ladies! 

Goodness was I sweating! 

Go!  Go!  Go!  Go! 

I know it is blurry but right there in the white shirt ... Americas Got Talent girl! 

Fun!  Fun!  Fun! 


There you have it ... FUN, FUN, FUN! 



1 comment:

  1. Very cool. The video isn't there on my screen. Just a big black box????

    ReplyDelete