Friday, August 10, 2012

What can a year do?! Part 6

Okay, I'll admit to not looking up what "part" I'm on!  Just guessing here.  It should be part 7 but I missed Junes installment.  Between vacation and the kickin' a@@ heat wave we had here, well let's just say I didn't want to do anything.  And the post slipped my mind! 

During vacation back in June,  I worked out.  As hard as I could have ... NO.  In that two weeks, I ran about 6 times and did maybe 4 Pump workouts.  I did go in with good intentions.  But it is vacation!  I do wish that a pedometer was strapped to me because we walked.  And walked.  And walked.  Vacation brings a "give" in food.  I didn't go hog wild or anything but I'm also not cooking every single meal and cleaning up.  If I wanted to do that ... well, I'd stay at home! 

The "heat wave" really sucked the life out of me.  That is the truth.  I had a desire to sit in the kids playroom in front of the window AC.  Just breathing.  No desire to move.  No desire to exercise.  No desire to cook.  No desire to eat.  It sucked.  Literally.  But the vast majority of the US dealt with it.  Some better than others! 

I can't believe this is Julys' installment.  Yes, it is a little late.  I'll get back on track next month!  Before we proceed with the pics, please note that they were taken by my #1 Assistant and support staff member.  He literally had to take three sets of pics.  I had no head.  I was 1/2 a body.  He had it on zoom.  I asked for a pic of my calves and got a pic of my butt.  So photography is not something that comes easy to the Brereton men in this household! 

So, here are the pics and measurements as of right now..........

Taken 8-9-2012

Taken 4-12-12 ... I didn't raise my shirt in the months pics prior to this.  I can see a difference in my belly/waist line! 


Taken 8-9-2012 must admit....I'm getting closer to where I want to be! 




Measurements from last time and now ....

Chest      41 1/2                      40 3/4  (THIS NEEDS TO STOP SHRINKING!)
R Arm   14 1/4                      14
L Arm   14                             14
Waist     37                             36 1/4
Hips       40 1/2                      40
R thigh   24 1/2                      24
L thigh   24                            23 3/4
Weight   191                          190

You gonna notice that I am exceptionally consistent in one area ... weight.  I don't worry about the number what so ever.  Honestly, I don't.  I've been asked over the past few weeks, numerous times, how much more I have lost.  The look on their faces when I say "Nothing" is priceless.  I just try to explain that it is "distributed" differently.  I am aware that there is some "trimming of the fat" goin' on.  My clothes all fit differently.  Well the ones that still fit.  It makes me feel kinda good to know that I am 100% consistent with something in my life.  LOL

I know there could be more "dramatic" changes if I really got my nutrition in check.  I still say it is my biggest downfall.  I hate tracking.  I hate measuring.  I hate it all.  But I'm fully aware that it is necessary for myself at this point.  With tracking, I do well for a period of time and then let it fall by the wayside.  I don't like to plan out meals in advance.  I don't like to follow any preset plans.  It is frustrating. 

My plan is to keep pluggin' away at it. 

Remember my 2012 motto ......


It has taken a little while but I'm getting closer to it.  As Dan on the Pump videos says "If you want to look like an athlete, you gotta train like an athlete."  I wanna look like an athlete.  Guess, I just need to follow my plan ...... KEEP PLUGGIN' ALONG! 

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what your goal is, but I know you will get there. What fabulous before/after photos you already have! You look great and should be so proud of yourself. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it up. the changes are happening

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Those abs are killer. Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete