Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Compliments?

A compliment is defined as ....

1.  An expression of praise, commendation, or admiration
2.  A formal act of expression of respect or regard
3.  courteous greeting, good wishes, or regards

Over the weekend, my husband and I received many compliments on a pig roast that we threw.  We gladly accept them and run with them.  We know they are truthful and heartfelt.  Him and I spend a great deal of time and money to ensure that our "get-together" is a smashing success.  As I joked with someone ... we do a lot of work for other people to have a great time! 

During that pig roast, I had various people comment on my appearance.  Over the years, I've lost a good deal of weight.  And over the past two years, mainly this year, my body has changed in appearance.  Most people in my life don't even mention or reference it.  So when it is mentioned ... I guess there is a little ...  IDK ... it just makes me feel good. 

I love when someone looks at me and says "Jen, you look great!"  Truthfully, it makes me feel good.  But also chuckle.  What did they think I looked like before?!  LOL  In the past, WAY BACK, I blew off compliments.  Thinking that I was not worthy.  You see.  Well.   I am a self proclaimed big girl.  So for some reason it always made me feel like a compliment was just a "false" comment. 

Not anymore!  I embrace that.  I cannot change genetics.  I cannot change bone structure.  I cannot change my physical build.  I am me.  This is my body.  I own it.  I embrace it.  I feel good.  I'm not going to apologize to anyone for the way that I look or feel.  I work to make me "the best me that I can be"! 

So, I bring to you the question .....

How do you deal with compliment?  Do you embrace them?  Do you shun them?  What is the best compliment you have ever received? 

I now embrace.  Always saying thank you.  And my best ever received was in reference to my children and just how wonderful they are!            

No comments:

Post a Comment