Monday, October 22, 2012

NSV .....

Okay, I'll admit to reading NSV and wondering "What the heck are they talking about?"  So, I must have been having a round of "head up my a@@ syndrome" or something.  I was gonna say "having a blond moment" but didn't want the wrath of all natural blonds on me.  LOL 

NSV = non scale victory! 

Over the past couple weeks, I've had a few. 

Some have been mentioned. 

Others slipped by the wayside. 

Since my marathon experience, I've been kinda "muddling" through with no real set plan or structure.  I'm not a huge fan of that.  I don't want a time table but a direction is nice.  So, in my mind, all other items were looked at as not important. 

All victories are important. 

All victories should be celebrated! 

Don't you think? 

Well....I DO! 

NSV = non scale victory! 
 
 
1.  It has been weeks, maybe even months, since I have had one of those days.  You know those craptastic days where you want the biggest t-shirt you can find?  Maybe even sweat pants because you just feel chubby and blah. 
 
 
2.  Last week, I purchased two new pair of jeans.  Both in a smaller size than my current jeans.  They fit great.  But yet I still show the same # on the scale since January. 
 
 
3.  Purchased our families favorite cookies.  These big ole' suckers with chocolate chips and M&Ms from Sparkle in Lisbon.  I've purchased them for years.  Luckily the store does not have them often!  My hubby and kiddos love them.  Seriously, I'll admit to not hating them!  But you know what?  This time around it was different.  I didn't eat any.  Not a bite.  Not a crumb.  And guess what?  I didn't miss out on anything.  I enjoyed watching them enjoy one of their favorites.  I want something more than that cookie. 
 
You know what?  That "something" is a NSV and possibly a SV all wrapped into one. 
 
It will be sooooooooooo much better than that cookie ever would have been!  

No comments:

Post a Comment