Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What can a year do .. part 7

A thought ran across my mind today while I was thinking of this post ...... it has been a long time since I felt really "blah" body wise.  You know what I mean!  Those days where you just want to dawn a big ole' shapeless t-shirt or sweatshirt and hide.  I haven't had one of those in I don't remember how long!  That makes me feel really good! 

So here we go!  Admittedly, I've been a little here.  Little there.  Little everywhere.  I struggled for a few months with my "mind".  It was getting the better of me.  But I believe it is back in a good place now.  I'm still struggling food wise.  I just can't get into logging my food on a regular basis.  It SUCKS!  I really hate it.  Really!  I promise to do better.  Cross my heart.  Hope to die.  Poke a needle in my eye .... that is kind of a really crappy saying that we used back in the day.  Sad thing is then it didn't sound that bad. 

So here is the view now ....

Taken last week! 



Taken in January! 

 
I swear that there is a difference.  These pics made me laugh out loud.  Not one person that has viewed all the blogs in this series can say "Wow".  Now don't get me wrong!  I feel "Wow".  I feel 100% different that I did in that January pic.  I just think the "rectangle" is getting smaller and more compact!  LOL  And my hair.  I really need to put more thought into these pics.  Seriously.  


Last weeks side view1 


 
If anyone has an exercise for double chins ... please let me know!  Seriously.  I know it is a family trait but goodness!  It is one that I'm not fond of.  Apparently, I did not take side view shots at the beginning of this journey.  IDK!  I have different measurements and pics in all of my blog posts.    Starting today, the measurements will be more uniform each month.  My last in this series was posted on August 10-12-12 so those measurements are included. 

Here are today's ...

Chest 37 1/4 (swear it may disappear all together!  Finding a bra is .... LOL)
Waist 36
R bicep 14
L bicep 13 3/4
R thigh 23 3/4 (I know adult women with waists this size ... I love my legs!)
L thigh 23 1/2
R calf 15 1/4
L calf 15 1/2
Weight .. take a guess?  Yeppers!  We are still rockin' 190 lbs. 100% consistency in this area! 

August 10, 2012 (measurements that were listed)
Waist 36 1/4
R bicep 14
L bicep 14
R thigh 24
L thigh 23 3/4
Weight .. 190

I have stepped up my workouts since last week.  I want the WOW for myself.  I want to take a pic and see in it what I see in person.  My hubby tried to take pics of my arms and shoulders because as he said "Oh it is there and I can see it!"  But damned if it will show up in a pic.  I know it will one day.  I just need to keep pluggin' away.  But anyways ... I'm back to square one.  The drawing board.  Where I list out my goals.  List out my plans.  List out my plays to get myself there.


Eight long months till my #40.  For the first time.  Deep down.  Really deep down.  I'm willing to ... change, grow, give up, and give myself that WOW.  I cheat myself all to often.  I give up too easy on myself.  I deserve this.  I want this.  I'm ready for that WOW. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment