Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012 Brereton style


Just like a lot of communities this years trick-or-treat festivities were rescheduled for Saturday, November 3 because of Sandy.  Well as luck would have it ... my children cannot go that day.  My hubby and I have plans for a little "get together" here and the kiddos are heading off to Grandma and Paps.  I don't see them partaking in Halloween festivities with the kids.  There were a few communities locally (withing 10 miles) that were still holding activities tonight.

I asked the kiddos what they thought.  It sounded intriguing but they didn't want to go.  NO BIGGIE!  Seriously, we love to dress up as much as the next but like my 7 year old said "Mom we don't like most of the candy we get.  Then you just throw it away."  True.  True.  True.  So, the kiddos and I decided to throw our own holiday party! 

We started by hitting the local dollar store.  Seriously!  Even I have to give my kiddos some candy on Halloween.  I allowed them both $3.00 on candy.  I know what you are thinking....DON'T GO OVERBOARD!  One would be amazed at what $6.00 can get.  Honestly, why not let them pick out exactly what they like and want?!




$3.00 can get you Reese's PB cups, Butterfingers, Dots, chocolate covered pretzels, York peppermint patties, and gummie bears.  I think they did very well! 




What is a party without cookies?  They wanted regular no bakes.  Glad they set up!  One thing I've noticed is organic sugar and natural PB make for very soft no bakes! 

Then we headed for some crafts!  Duct tape crafts to be exact.  They wanted to make bags again.  I wanted wallets but they were in charge tonight.  Really, she wants to make a dress but we need to buy more tape for that.  Don't worry!  It will be done. 



Doesn't she look innocent?  Don't be fooled.....................




I don't really remember what he is doing here.  He was having a good time and that is what matters! 




Taping up her sandwich bag.  She LOVES the pink tape. 




He got in on the action also.  Tried a little of everything tonight! 




See you take your little  sandwich bag.  And just cover it with duct tape.  However you want to do it!  These two are his and hers.  They plan to carry all kind of things in them. 




Here are my two finished products.  The larger is a gallon freezer bag nicely covered with duct tape.  Seriously, I'm gonna carry my Kindle in it.  And I found directions for making a Kindle cover.  Yes, I will be getting a personalized case.  LOL  The smaller one...well...who know what I will do with it.  The larger one would be a good lunch bag also might have to carry drinks separately.  There will be future posts on this type of craft. 



We completed our there pumpkins.  He choose a Gargoyle from the book.  He did a good job on the larger portions and I did the more detailed parts.  He was afraid to break it.  And she free styled hers.  She said it was a picture of Dad.  Funny thing is I don't remember my husband having triangle eyes, two teeth, and tooth picks for freckles?  I'm gonna have to look at him closer tomorrow. 






We then moved to watching The Great Pumpkin with the Peanuts Gang.  Isn't Halloween without that!




I really need to dust .. ashamed of that pic. 

Laid around.  Enjoyed their snacks. 




Someone else decided to join us!  My third child ... Dozer.  Dang, I also need to sweep!




After a fun filled night, it was off to bed! 




Night ladies!  Yes, there are six dolls in there.  And Big Sal .. you can guess which one that is .. is bigger than her. 




Mr. Cool was even tired. 



And Big D went right back to doing his favorite thing.  Trust me he is just waiting until we light up the wood burner behind it.  It is about 5 or 6 inches off the ground.  He sleeps with his head under it.  The dog was not meant to live in Ohio! 

Hope each and every single one of you had a great and wonderful evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment