Saturday, January 19, 2013

Getting Honest .... part 2

Back for part 2!  Meant to type this up last night but after grocery shopping and veggie prepping .. NO!  I was tired.  Just wanted to chill.  Haven't been sleeping well with the kiddos coughing during the night.  Just me.  But anyway ... getting on to getting honest with myself.  If you remember #1 Goals and #2 Running were in part 1. 

#3 Parenting .... honestly who couldn't be a better parent in one respect or the other.  I know that my hubby and I are good parents.  But parenting is all trial and error.  It is really interesting that when you purchase a $10.00 toaster it comes with an owners manual.  But a human being that will be with you for eternity is just handed to you with maybe a good luck and a pat on the back.  I make mistakes.  Some in my life think my hubby and I make a lot of mistakes.  One thing that I can say is we learn from our mistakes and that of others.  I am always watching and listening.  Because there is no "one way or the highway" deal with raising kids.  Everyone is right.  Everyone is wrong.  My ultimate goal and aspiration in life truly is to raise my kids to be polite, respectful, upstanding adults. 
They may never be a Doctor or Nurse.  Electrical engineer or Chemical Engineer.  Dentist or Surgeon.  Professional football player or wrestler.  They may never invent a patented time saving device.  No they may never do a lot of things.  But I want them to know that they are capable of doing anything they choose.  I never want them to here me utter the word "BUT".  I want them to know that they are loved.  Past, present, future.  I want my children to always know that I am here for them to talk to.  I am here to listen.  Not to judge.  I am here to bite my tongue and shake my head at times.  I want my children to know that they are enough.  Just as they are. 

#4 Nutrition .... for the love of all that is right in this world can this be the year that I find what truly works for me?  Really?  I stand behind that this is the worst category in my life.  I either don't eat enough or too much of something bad.  It is frustrating.  But everyone does it.  At least I tell myself that.  Finding what works for you and your body has to be one of the most frustrating things ever.  Do I obsess over it?  NO.  I feel better now that I ever have.  Honestly, I feel better than I did in high school.  I have taken back to myfitnesspal.com.  Religiously, logging now for a whooping three days!  Can I get a HIGH FIVE!  This part of my HONESTY check is bringing a picture blog every month.  I know.  I know.  You are thinking food right?  NOPE!  I'm doing a straight up picture blog on the last day of each month.  Baring it all .. well .. not all there isn't a chance in hell I'm going naked for anyone other than my hubby. 

#5  Relationships .... I have a great relationship with my hubby.  He is my best buddy.  Number one comedian.  Really .. well .. we just .. yeah .. there is no one else out there for me.  We are #1 Speds together.  It is the other relationships in my life that need work.  What other relationships?  Other than my kids and hubby .. there really aren't any others.  Well my Momma....like me and my shadow.  I don't really have very many friends.  You know the type to call for lunch.  Talk about a show.  Ask to do this or that.  Call when you get good news.  Call when you need to cry or yell.  I know people that are always on the phone (home, cell, or texting).  Honestly always!  Do you know how many times my phone has rang this week?  My cell phone .. not once.  Our home phone .. twice.  They were just calling to let me know that my car warranty was expiring.  A good portion of the parents at my childrens schools don't even make eye contact with me let alone speak to me.  My best friend for years and I have grown apart.  We live two different lives.   Heck, when my doctor told me a few years ago that he believed I had lymphoma .. there was no one to call.  I'm different.  I'm quiet.  I'm shy.  I'm reserved.  I'm loud.  I'm outspoken.  I'm opinionated.  I'm passionate.  I sit back and listen.  I'm observant.  I don't share a lot.  I share too much.  I'm honest.  I'm loyal.  I'm hard to read.  I'm hard to understand.  Yes, that is all possible in one person.  No real pity parties here.  Just this is an aspect of my life that needs some work.  I need to make some changes.  I need to be more approachable.  I need to work on establishing relationships in my life.          

#6 Getting honest .... really, I'm thinking the 40th birthday looming is starting to play on me.  I've never been a numbers person.  I don't care about my age.  But I just don't know.  Hoping that getting real with myself about a lot of things will hold off any impending midlife crisis!  LOL

So there you have it!  A list of six items that I want to get honest with myself about.  That I need to grow and improve on.  Are there other things?  Well yes.  We are always growing and changing.  What is important one day isn't really important the other. 

And to be 100% honest .. this blog about getting honest .. well .. in my opinion .. it pretty much has sucked.  LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment