Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Here I am in week six......

Six weeks ago....well not really!  I started the two hundred squat challenge five weeks ago.  The goal is to work up to being able to complete 200 body weight squats in a row.  If you are a follower on Facebook, I started on week two because of the number completed on the initial test.  Over the past several weeks, I have completed endless amounts of squats! 

This is not my first go around doing this challenge.  In the past....a little boredom set in.  I'm feeling it now also.  BUT the end is in site.  The boredom doesn't come from doing the challenge.  But from .. how do I put this .. just standing there counting!  When you get to around 100 in a row ... my mind ... well  ... wonders ... I kinda ... birds flying by ... is that an ant on the floor ... what number was that ... Crap!  I need to count ... you get the idea.  Sunday was my week five progress test.  I really wanted over 150.  In my humble opinion, I'm thinking that it should be over 150.  I set out on my test.  I completed 152 good quality body weight squats. 

I could have squeaked out more.  But trust me the quality would not have been there.  No pushing yourself up when tired.  No swinging the arms.  A lot of sweating.  Even more grunting.  All in all, I'm happy with that for a week 5 progress test.  I'm giving myself a little "leigh way" because I am also doing Pump.  And lets' face it ... that is a good portion of squats with weights.  I will plug away for the remainder of the week.  My goal is Sunday to complete 200 good quality body weight squats!  I can't wait!  Maybe .. if I can figure it out .. I'll video it!  Just for proof.  If I do not reach my goal on Sunday ... I'll continue on until I do.  There is no plan on giving up! 

Next challenge .... 150 chair dips! 

Why not?  I completed the 1,000 push ups in a week ... actually completed 1,350 that week.  Working on the 200 squat challenge.  And I've got my ever present ... 3,500 push ups in May going on.  Now the question is ... does any one out there want to join me on this challenge?  Think about them triceps.  The definition.  The way your arms will look in a tank top.  Heck throw in a massive amount of push ups and everyone will be envious! 

Who is in?  ANYONE?  ANYONE? 

I can give you the information for the website.  Come on.  Push yourself.  Follow the schedule.  Work along at your own pace.  We can do it together.  You never truly know what you are capable of until you try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment