Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Why do they grow up?

Some days you just have to ask yourself ... why do they have to grow up?  Just about every single day, at some point, I feel as though pulling my hair out sounds fun.  Hey!  All kids know how to work their parents over.  Really!  I don't sugar coat things.  I love my kids.  I love them dearly.  But I will admit that parenthood is not always "rainbows, sunshine, and sugar cookies".  And I'm no even talking about vomit,  poop, and endless nights awake. 

But no matter what .... there comes a time .... when you just want .... to ask .... Why do they need to grow up?  We had the pleasure of going to the United Local Elementary Kindergarten program this evening.  It was a 1/2 hour program filled with Rock n' Roll songs about letters.  My daughter, Killer, was in it.  I've listened to her talk about this for the past two months.  You see this is right up her alley.  She is great for one liners, dancing the chicken wing or water sprinkler or cabbage patch, and just being her wonderful goofy little self. 

But tonight's program also signifies some thing else.  The end of Kindergarten.  The beginning of first grade.  Big girl school.  No more rest time in the afternoon ... they actually stopped that a few weeks ago to acclimate them.  No more early release.  Sitting here weeping .... I could go on and on and on. 

But I sat there this evening just wondering where the time went. 

How did this happen .......





September 2008 ... her first trip to Kennywood. 



The Hadley that I know and love every single day! 





Her favorite "purple sparkly prom dress"! 
Today before her Rock n' Roll music program. 


Do you think "binding" really works?  Who am I kidding she would still get older! 


You do not blend.  You do not follow.  You already walk on your own line.  I hope that you stay the unique and special person that you are forever. 

I LOVE YOU KILLER!       




 

No comments:

Post a Comment