Sunday, May 20, 2012

Les Mills Pump Phase 1 complete ... PART 1

Good afternoon everyone out there in "blogland"!  Today marks the official end to my Pump phase 1.  My journey was extended by a 5 to 7 days because of illness.  I don't know about you but when I have a fever, congestion, uncontrollable cough, and the list could go on ... no workouts are done!  Now as you can tell from the title of todays blog this is a two part-er!  I know.  Don't you just hate two part-ers?!  I do.  Especially on TV or in reviews!  (Aware part-er is not a word .. don't care!)   

For those that don't know Les Mills Pump is brought to us by Beachbody.  Yes.  The makers/distributors of Insanity, TurboFire, P90X, and the list could go on.  I've realized over the past few years you are either a lover or hater of Beachbody.  Myself ... lover!  I don't know whether it is the  workouts.  Personalities.  Music.  Variety.  Really, I don't know.  But they work for me.  And one must remember not everyone is psyched to workout in their living room in front of the TV.  And I look at it like anything else workout wise ... if it gets you to move, motivates you to come back again, and lets you work your way to a healthy, happy, and wonderful you ... HOW CAN IT BE BAD! 

Each Beachbody product .. at least those that I own .. come with a preset workout "sequence".  Recommending the order in which you do the workouts.  Now you don't have to follow them.  But I opted to follow by the day!  My thought was they are set out in that manner for a reason.  Now, I have mentioned in other blogs that I like the padded bar.  It is too short for my liking but I have "gotten used" to it.  And the "basic" set comes with only 30 lbs. in weights (2 10 lbs. and 2 5 lbs.).   

You quickly realize that the bar and weights that you are using do not match the bar and weights that are used on the workouts.  The weights are configured different ... only two "holes" instead of the three shown which can make the hand held exercise interesting.  I can only imagine if you have small hands.  Luckily like everything else on me ... hands are not little!  And the bar appears longer with the padding being different.  Once I got the rhythm of the workouts down, I was quickly using the max of 30 lbs. for the entire workout.  Not everyone may be doing that ... I'm a weight "lover" and have been lifting for some time.  I know they offer larger weights for sale but I will not be purchasing them.  As I have my own bar and plates "laying" around here. 

Now anyone that knows Beachbody.  Has looked at their website.  Or has read anything by one of their representatives has heard of SHAKEOLOGY.  Don't worry .. this isn't a sales pitch!  When I purchased Pump ... let's just say ... there were some reservations about it.  I had tried a sample before.  Just as is.  Nothing added.  BLEAK!  BLAH!  PHLLT!  Just wasn't my thing.  But I have struggled with consuming enough calories in the day.  See I'm not a protein bar, power bar, protein powder, etc. lover.  I know people who eat bars for breakfast every day.  Or lunch.  Or for snacks.  I like actual food.  When I do eat it is quantity and quality over easy access.  But for some reason when I exercise a good bit .. my desire to eat goes out the door.  So I looked at SHAKEOLOGY as a easy way to get calories and protein while not having to eat anything.  Does that sound bad?!   

I told myself and my banker (hubby) that I would get it for three months.  The duration of the Pump.  For me over the past month .. it has worked.  I'm a fan of adding a tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter and a Banana to my chocolate shakeology.  Yummy!  It is filling.  With the additions it tastes good.  Thinking about trying to freeze it like pudding pops.  Hey!  Why not?!  I've tried a lot of other things that didn't work.  I've started trying other "concoctions" but none of them can compare yet.  Yeah.  Yes it is expensive.  Sorry but that is my true feeling.  It costs like $120.00 a month.  I spend about $150.00 to $200.00 a month on our monthly food budget.  So for me it really is expensive.  Plus, I'm cheap.  Really and truly.  I want the absolute most out of my money. 

I know what you your thinking ... RESULTS!  WHERE ARE THE FREAKING RESULTS?!  I did the measurements.  I did the pictures.  I did the poses.  I pulled out the scale.  I did the weigh in.  Who am I kidding!  I just want the shirt you get at the end for sending in your pics.  Heck.  Honestly.  It would be kinda nice.  To maybe.  Maybe.  Maybe make a flyer or commercial.  Trust me!  The realistic side of me is here now.  That isn't going to happen!  But I will rock that shirt!

So at the end of Phase 1 the measurements honestly show that I have lost a total of .... ddddrrrruuuummmm rrrroooollll .... you will just have to check in tomorrow to see!  Come on you had to see that coming!  Really!  It had to be done.  Tomorrow will include before pics, measurements, and weights ... sometimes I do SHARE entirely too much!  Along with todays pics, weight, and smaller measurements.  I'm giving you a full day to prepare for the blinding whiteness of my stomach!  Truly!  Not many things are whiter! 

Check in with me tomorrow .................  

No comments:

Post a Comment