Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Comfort Zone





 

You know there are times where the comfort zone is amazing!  But honestly, sticking around the comfort zone isn't gonna make you grow.  So we have to make different choices.  Strike out in different areas. 

I started out doing Biggest Loser dvds.  Then walking was added.  Around the corner was P90X.  The list could go on.  One thing has rang true through all my adventures.  I'm usually alone.  I workout by myself.  I run by myself.  All at my own pace.  At my discretion.  And frankly, I kinda like it.  Comfort zone maybe? 

Then entered Zumba.  Honestly, it was my first foray into the workout world with others.  Yeah, I know we all go at our own pace.  And truthfully, I can be kinda quiet and hard to read.  But I stand there in "class" and listen to every ones conversations.  Yes, I do hold conversations sometimes.  I hear women complain about this person or that person.  I listen to work troubles.  I listen to relationship troubles.  I have excellent hearing ... and have been told this by many a Dr. 

One thing this class has shown me is why I like being on my own.  I don't hear any of that crap when I'm on my own!  Who am I gonna complain about?  Some of the time, I flash back to high school.  Yes, even as adults women seem to have "clicks".  And honestly, it drives me crazy!  But I will not give in.  I will not give up.  I will continue.  And today .. well .. I jumped out of the box again.  I invited some people over to workout.  Heck, I'll even go where ever they want to go. 

Get this!  Starting next Wednesday, I will be taking a RawFIT class at a local gym.  I'm jumping out there.  Putting myself out there.  You never know .. maybe I'll even make a friend or two.  Then maybe, just maybe, after the beginning of the year .. I'll really go out of the comfort zone.  Maybe I'll look for a running club or a running partner. 

That makes me nervous .... out of the comfort zone .... out of the comfort zone. 

Always a good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment