Thursday, November 29, 2012

Jennifer

A little random information about yours truly! 

1.  My name is Jennifer.  I was named after the song Jennifer Juniper by Donovan.  Momma was a big fan.  And yes, I have the song on tape! 

2.  I have in irrational fear of clowns and monkeys.  I'm a blast in the primate exhibit at the zoo.    And there isn't a chance in the world that I will take my kiddos to the circus.  With my luck there would be a clown with a dancing monkey!  THE HORROR! 

There is a back story ... back in the 70's they manufactured these little battery operated toy monkeys that banged cymbals together while their eyes and mouth opened.  My loving uncle, god rest his soul, thought I would love one.  Only problem was they came in many versions.  He choose one that when turned on not only banged cymbals but his eyes and teeth glowed red from a colored light bulb that was in him.  And he was dressed like a "little clown".  While I love my Uncle Dick with all my heart that was by far the WORST gift ever and it apparently scarred me for life. 

3.  I have 19 first cousins.  Maternal side, I am 3rd to the oldest out of the 7 of us.  Paternal side, I am 3rd to the youngest out of the 16 of us. 

4.  Stupid things make me laugh. 




5.  This is my before picture and it hangs on the refrigerator. 




6.  I like short hair.  That isn't correct.  I love super short hair.  Bald is no biggie for me.  The shorter my hair the more confident I feel.  I had always wanted to shave my head.  IDK why.  One day, back in 2002 while my husband was away, I pulled out the clippers and shaved my hair to a 1/4 inch length.  It was 100% liberating.  You learn a lot about yourself when there is nothing to "hide" behind.  Since that day, I've shaved it at least 10 times.  And yes, I did work at that time.  In a office setting.  Did I worry about what work would say ... not at all.  I can remember the woman who worked closest to me saying "You finally did it!" 

7.  I like working out.  I like being physical.  I like lifting weights.  I like being strong. 

8.  This is my family at their finest.  Yes, my husband always acts like a "goof-ball".  Seriously! 



9.  I have 10 nieces and nephews...in order.  Anthony (23) who graduates from Youngstown State University with a degree in Engineering this December!  Amanda (22) attending the University of Akron for nursing.  Nathan (21) a new father, working, and attending college.  Stephanie (19) attending the University of Akron for pharmacy.  Ashley (19) attending West Liberty University for dental hygiene.  Emily (12) attending 8th grade and playing soccer all year long.  Alyson (8) enjoying school and soccer.  Meghan (7) enjoying school and cheering her sister Emily.  Abigail (7) enjoying school and chocolate ... she LOVES chocolate.  And Jake (5) enjoying bothering his sisters, Alyson & Abigail, along with playing tee-ball and flag football.  The majors listed are what I knew of last .. we all know how majors can change.  And I hope all the ages are right!  They start to run together after a little while!  These are all in my hubby's side....he is 4th of 5 children.

10.  I love Sauconys for running.  Nothing else will do for my feet and legs. 



Future installments to come at random intervals!  LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment