Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blahs continued .... (might contain language)

You know there really hasn't been much Love, Laugh, or Sweating going on here lately!  I hate to admit that.  I think if you're a reader that statement doesn't shock you.  At least not a whole lot.  Seriously, I've needed to give myself a swift kick in the a@@.  There hasn't been this much of a derailment since I was sick last year.

Yesterday, I came across this .......

 

Now you see, I know all of this.  And I haven't been kicking any donuts around here.  But there really hasn't been a lot of effort.  Genetics play a little factor in my current body issues.  Trust me!  If you saw the array of bodies in my family ... there would be agreement on your end.  Lately, I'm suffering from the BLAHS.  Normally this happens in February after the weather has been craptastic.  And I haven't been able to get out.  But my daughter is playing a factor in this BLAH.  I was once told that teaching girls is easier.  THEY LIED TO ME!  But that is a story for another day! 

I read the poster and said to myself ..... Self, you haven't been seriously putting in work so you don't have a right to complain.  Then and there, I hatched a plan that contained four goals for today.  I set my alarm for 5:15 am.  My first goal was to get up then.  When I say get up ... I mean actually get out of bed.  I mentioned the other day that hasn't happened lately.  That alarm went off and I jumped out of bed.  Literally.  My second goal was to meditate.  I used to do it daily for MONTHS.  But have gotten out of it.  There I sat with nothing on my mind.  Eyes closed.  In position.  When my time was up ... GOODNESS GRACIOUS DID I FEEL GOOD!  I can't explain how much better I feel.  I truly feel like my mind, body, and spirit are in a place they haven't been for months.

My third goal was to deal with my "diet".  Earlier in the year, I had planned to weigh, measure, and log all of my nutritional intake.  That isn't me right now.  Truthfully, I was fighting it.  I would maybe weigh or measure.  But not log.  Or log.  But not weigh and measure.  You get it.  I know there will come a time when I need to do that.  Right now isn't it.  Today, I signed up for the 100 day Real Food Pledge.  This is up my alley!  It might make eating out interesting but I can handle it.  If it isn't real .. it isn't passing my lips.  Go ahead and start taking bets as to when I "cheat" first. 

Fourth was to remind myself of ...... my 2012 motto ......



I have specific goals for myself.  That were set out earlier in the year.  I re-read them.  I want them.  If the work is not put in ... no goals will be reached.  I set a goal of 750+ running mile for 2012.  I'm getting that.  Here and now, listen to me say ...


NO MATTER THE AMOUNT OF WORK NEEDED, I WILL GET THAT 750+ MILES.    
 

I'm worth the work and effort.  And I promise not to mention the Blahs anymore.  I prepped my home for the food pledge.  I prepped my running gear for the miles.  I prepped my mind for what is to come.  I plan to put my entire spirit into this.  Time for "this girl to pull up her big girl gutchies and deal with things."  Here I go! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment