Monday, February 27, 2012

Life is like a box of chocolates.....

You know what comes next!  Let me tell you February has been a box of those crappy hard jelly filled chocolates.  You know the ones that no matter how hard you try, you just aren't breaking the jelly up real well.  And you have no idea what flavor it was meant to be.  I visited Pityville.  I was a terrible parent to my daughter who deserved more....or at least I thought that.  The train derailed again.  Got back on track.  And, honestly, I could go on and on. 

I looked in the mirror and didnt' like what was looking back.  Which now that I think about it is amazing!  I weigh around 6 pounds more than I did right around my marathon last year.  Only 6 pounds.  Feels like 20 to me.  After much soul searching and a conversation with a good friend, I realize that what I see is the difference between last fall and now.  Last fall = P90X religiously daily + what was required in marathon training.  Now = P90X about 5 days a week + 5 to 15 miles a week.  And I have a 1/2 marathon in April that I MUST get ready for.  Just reading that you know there has to be a difference!  Guess which one I liked better.  My a@@ is in gear! 

I know better than to eat my emotions but we all do it at some times.  When I was down about being a bad parent, I indulged in white potatoes every single day for 7 days.  Seriously!  I didn't medicate with crap but I medicated with starch/sugar.  Kinda sad!  Right at this very moment in time, I am fighting the urge to get in our SUV.  Drive to the dollar store.  And purchase chocolate.  I'm wanting to feed my emotions about our car.  The money sucking piece of crap.  Since the mention of a new vehicle over Christmas break, it has been a down hill slide of epic proportions.  Sucking dollar after dollar of my husbands hard earned money.  And now today .... we were told the transmission is shot. 

I can tell you what I want to shoot.  I have fought my urge to medicate with chocolate today.  And I will continue to battle it tonight.  I will win.  That I can guarantee.  I haven't been this focused on what I need to do for me in quite some time.  I will not waiver.  I will not waffle.  Hum....waffles sound good!   Tomorrow is my third check-in for my "What can a year do" challenge.  It will be like a Clint Eastwood movie.  Specifically, The Good.  The Bad.  And the Ugly.  But all I can think of is the saying ... March comes in like a lion, and leaves like a lamb.  I'm tired of the past month.  I'm ready to get rid of it. 

I'm hitting March like a LION.  And I'm going to leave it like one also.  


You with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment