Thursday, February 9, 2012

The train has officially left

I've officially left Pityville!  I made brief visit and started my departure yesterday.  I can say that town is out of sight!  What a wonderful feeling........  I understand we all have our ups and downs.  Especially as a parent.  Sorry to say but I'm not one of those Moms who will say "every single day is wonderful" or "I could never say a bad thing about being a parent."  I'm a Mom.  A Mother of two.  A parent to a 6 year old girl and 8 year old boy.  Life isn't a bed of roses.  There are no rainbows and sparkles every day.  For me being a Mom can leave a lot to be desired on some days.  Really. 

You can bash me if you want.  But from what I've observed most Moms feel that way.  I'm just not like most Moms and hide it.  I let it out!  I speaka the truth.  And I have been crucified for it.  I love my children more than they will ever know.  And I know deep down they are great kids.  Considerate.  Responsible.  Respectful.  And the list could go on BUT every child knows how to get under their parents skin.  So, I let the pits and valleys of being a Mom get to me.  Really get to me.        

So today there was a breakthrough!  I've done P90X for a little over a year.  Some of the DVDs more than others.  Really, does anyone LOVE them all?!  Yoga has never jumped out at me as a fun activity.  To me yoga = flexibility.  Flexibility does not = ME!  I am one of the least flexible people out there.  Honestly.  I've always struggled to touch my toes.  And so on.  Just not my thing.  Ask me to lift weights....YEP!  Carry heavy objects....YEP!  Balance....YEP!  Touch my toes....not so much.  But I've continued with it.  I see the benefits not only with flexibility but just in my overall life.  When my breathing gets labored or out of whack while running...which does happen...I go to that yoga and meditation place in my mind.  Calmness.  Serenity.  And all is good. 

I struggle with it.  I still can't drive my leg to the sky and to my chest without helping my foot into place.  But it is getting better.  There are certain poses that I've struggled more than others.  One in particular is Right Angle Pose and Grab. 



Now this might not seem to hard to some.  For me it is.  Especially 30 minutes in when you are hot and sweaty.  Today.  Today.  Today, drum roll, I touched my fingertips.  It is a milestone for me!  Now, you see that gentleman's hands above?  That will be mine shortly.  I've got incentive now.  And when I do it.  I will document it!  Since my visit put me behind the miles I wanted for the month.....I've got some work to do.  I made a plan for this month.  And guess what a stop at Pityville isn't going to derail them! 

Chugga.  Chugga.  Chugga choo choo!  Have a great night! 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment