Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My day ...

First .. meditation.  There are so many benefits to daily meditation.  Maybe I'll cover that later in the week. 

Second .. P90X Ab Ripper. 

Third ..


Yep, that is me!  Outside and by myself!  53 degrees meant Jen must go outside.  I called my Momma to ask but she had an appointment.  So, I made a dual purpose trip.  Grocery store and run.  I hit Thompson Park for a little 4 mile jaunt.  Started with the upper loop and then added the bigger one.  UGH!  How I had forgotten just what a killer that hill can be.  Not so bad if you drop down on the poolside and come up the other.  But you know me!  I had to go the other way.  Done felt great.  Pace was slow.  There is no turning back now. 

and Fourth ...                                             

                                                                      Take this

(any cream)

and

Add to this



For about 6 to 10 minutes

and get





Yummy homemade butter! 

Simple!  Add your cream (any cream, any amount) to you blender or mixer.  Next time will be fresh cream but cheapness won out on the first try.  What if we didn't like it?  I used the whisk attachment.  And on medium high speed and let it go to town.  After about 6 to 10 minutes the butter and milk will separate.  Let sit a few minutes and then drain the milk off.  "Mush" to squeeze any excess milk out.  There you have pretty soft butter.  Now, you're not finished.  Place ice cold water and blend for about 20 seconds.  Drain off water and "mush" again.  That is it!  If you want salted butter just mix in a little sea salt.  Melted great!  Tasted great!  And is soft enough to spread on toast!  If you give it a try let me know what you think!  Recipe came from Food Renegade website. 

There was other stuff in there but those are the highlights.  Have a great evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment