Saturday, September 22, 2012

Clothing changes ....

So, this idea might have worked better in my head than it does in writing.  The other day, I was sporting around in a pair of regular running shorts.  You know the silky little fabric with the gutchies built in type.  As I walked down the hall, I thought about how my thighs were not rubbing together.  Now, that may not seem like a big deal but it is!  And it brought up thoughts of all my workout clothes over the years.  You see ...  as sad as it sounds ... I still have the majority of the bottoms that "worked" for me at each phase.  So the thought of a sorta kinda picture album came to mind. 


These were my first exercise pants.  A pair of black capris.  I had a few pair at the time.  These were worn every single day as I did the Biggest Loser workouts.  They are a size WAY TO BIG!  The fall down as I walk.  This picture doesn't really show how big they are.  It has been decided .. by both myself and hubby .. that today is funeral day for them.    (Wanted to note that these in no way shape or form were baggy when I wore them back in the day!) 


My Momma got tired of the black capris and purchased me these shorts.  The shorts I mentioned in the story above.  I would not wear them.  Two steps and the chub had rubbed those suckers up and my chub was rubbing like crazy.  And to tell the truth..honestly..they were kinda tight.  Pulled across the butt a little.  And I just didn't feel comfortable.  I still have a little chub that rubs but I have ran in these shorts with no issue.  I now sport them with no problem or thought about it. 


Sorry!  This was taken right after I exercised today.  That is sweat!  Now I rock these bad boys all the time.  I feel most comfortable in them.  I don't care what anyone says or thinks about them.  I've come a long way.  A LONG WAY!  And you may have noticed a large number of dark bottoms.  Well, yes they do hide sweat the best but I'm really not a black type person. 



My newest pair to rock.  Said I'm not a black type of person!  If you can't tell...yes...they are getting shorter.  So you maybe wondering why this pic is so big.  Well, apparently, the Kodak program doesn't like the cropped pic of these shorts.  It continues to let me crop and then says the photo is unavailable and unreadable.  OH WELL!  I haven't worn these yet to workout in.  They are a little tight.  But I'm gonna rock these!  Regardless of any ones thoughts or feelings about them ... I love em'!  And I've shrunk my legs and a@@ enough to wear them proudly. 

Now, hmmm, I may have told my hubby if he trained and ran the 2013 Union Hospital Run for Home 1/2 Marathon with me in April that I would run with them on.  OMG!  Did I just admit that!  I better get my butt in gear!  I'm pretty confident that all the changes coming in October and on will and are gonna make a big difference!  I can't wait to go on this ride. 

You never know...then I might rock an official pair of bun huggers!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment