Sunday, September 23, 2012

My newest addition ... plyo boxes

As I've talked about over the last few weeks there are some changes coming to my routine in October.  And as we all know that is right around the corner!  UGH!  I wanted some plyo/jump boxes.  Why?  IDK.  They kinda sounded good.  Would be a definite change in my routine.  A item that I've never used.  I looked them up.  And I'm not gonna lie there was never .. I mean never .. any thought of buying them.  My hubby is a carpenter by trade.  Seriously, why in the world was I ever gonna buy the things?!  He works very quickly and efficiently.  And the labor costs would be minimal!  LOL  

I reviewed several on line and these instructions were chosen ......


I went with slanted sides for two reasons .... 1. storage and 2. carrying ease.  Slanted can be stacked on top of one another easily.  And I can pick both of them up together .. yes, they carry some weight but it isn't bad. 


What you need ... instructions in pdf form printed out, skilled carpenter and his trusty assistant, saw, straight edge, tape measure, drill, screws, and 2 sheets of plywood.  Another item that most things were on hand for.  Only needed one sheet of plywood. 


All cut up and ready for assembly! 


The trusty saw ... LOL!  I think the assistant had a hold of the camera.  Truthfully, this saw has cut a lot of stuff around here. 


Just needs the top! 


Second one is getting there! 


There they are .... just waiting for the handles to be cut out! 


Trusty assistant hard at work!  She is a skilled artist. 



Carpenter and the finished .. well almost .. product. 

He is going to sand them down.  Then place a piece of recycled rubber sheeting on the top to make them skid-proof.  So, there you have it another wonderful addition to the "Brereton Gym".  Can't wait to give them a try.  Oh .. a sheet of plywood is $40.00 here.  They are 20 inches high.  Should I need another height .. I know where to go! 

Are jump/plyo boxes an item that you use?  If so .. why?  Stay tuned for more additions ......

HAVE A GREAT EVENING! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Look just like the ones we use at CrossFit. I don't think you need to add any skid proof stuff to the top. None I've seen ever have it. Just an FYI!

    ReplyDelete