Tuesday, September 18, 2012

RANDOMNESS will prevail!

I've been struggling with blog posts over the past several months.  Yes, I have ideas.  And have tried to get guest bloggers but it hasn't panned out.  One of my biggest issues is the randomness.  For some reason, I have this notion that this blog should follow some type of course.  Be cohesive.  But you know what my mind is full of thoughts and ideas.  Really.  That is the truth.  My mind is always clicking away. 

So, I say throw cohesiveness to the wind!  From today forward ... it is ... RANDOMNESS will prevail.  I look at it like this ... my blog ... my thoughts ... my feelings ... my ideas ... my experiences ... my way!  Hold onto your seat belts because I have been known to have some pretty random thoughts!

Todays' randomness .... running!  I love when people from my past come up to me and ask about running.  Most of them have this complete bewildered look on their face.  I admit to being the girl on the track team that did not run!  100 yards ... WHAT?!  And now for some god forsaken reason, I 'm out there putting one foot in front of the other.  I don't work as hard as I should.  So that is why I put my 1/2 marathon goal out there a few weeks back.  Changes start in October!   

But the part of the conversation that gets me the most is when time is brought up.  People are always like "well, I only run about 3 miles and it takes me like 26 minutes to cover that."  Guess what?!  I run 3 miles in 30+ minutes.  I own it.  Just because I try doesn't make me speedy.  I would be shouting from the rooftops at 26 minutes!  27 minutes!  28 minutes!  29 minutes!  30 minutes consistently!

Own it!  Be proud of yourself.  Being out there is an accomplishment.  Just saying I want to try.  It doesn't matter if you run a 15 minute mile or 6 minute mile.  Your stride.  Your form.  Your attire.  Your breathing.  Your distance.  It is all relative.  Because when it comes right down to it ... you are out there. 

Again, just some randomness.  Some days the randomness may interest you.  Some days it may be a topic that speaks to you.  And, well, other days it may just be complete randomness to you! 

HAVE A GREAT DAY!     

No comments:

Post a Comment