Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Having a hard time.....

With the blogging world lately.  I'm kinda perplexed at what to write at times.  Do you want to hear about P90X Back & Shoulders and my run AGAIN?  Not really.  Right?  Don't get me wrong, I plan to talk about that stuff still but there are only so many ways to say it ... right now.  It is harder than I thought to wrangle my thoughts.  I get ideas for a post but then question if anyone will be interested.

Today a little FUEL conversation is in order.  I came across this "sign" the other day......


It spoke to me.  In the past, I would attend a Weight Watchers meeting.  Go out to eat.  Hit the grocery store for snacks.  Drive home.  Then eat it all because I had lost 3 pounds that week.  Does anyone else see some thing wrong with that?  Needless to say.....things have changed a lot! 

I LOVE GOOD FOOD!  I LOVE TO EAT GOOD FOOD!  I LOVE TO COOK GOOD FOOD! 

That is my reality.  Just told my husband the other day that if I couldn't cook more than likely life would be a lot thinner.  He just chuckled!  Seriously, no one in this house is wasting away.  We like to eat.  We have family meals every day.  I believe in them.  I'm one of those ladies that picks up a cookbook, turns to a page, and makes it!  You see that recipe in a magazine?  Yep, I've more than likely made it.  My kids, ages 6 & 8, are very willing to try every single thing.  Sorry, my son will not eat beets.  Long story that involves my brother ... blah, blah, blah.  He will eat them eventually.

One thing that I don't really buy is frozen foods.  Now, I have food in my freezer but it is meat, butter, bread, or things we have made and froze.  No frozen pizzas, hot pockets, Lean Cuisines, french fries, etc.  About the only thing you will find is ........


Good ole' imitation Chicken Nuggets!  Friends of ours told me about the Chik n' Nuggets a while ago BUT we didn't try them until recently.  I just wasn't a big nugget fan even if there is no chicken involved.  The kids gave them rave reviews.  I was impressed because they were actually crispy!  And as you can see on the box, they were given the Chefs Choice award for taste.  The taste pretty darn yummy!  

    
Now these Spicy Black Bean Burgers are SPECTACULAR!  We all love them.  MorningStar makes other burgers as well.  Tonight we had the Mushroom Lovers' burger for dinner.  My kids actually request bean/meatless burgers.  Not what you expect, huh?  They are quick to prepare, packed with protein, and very yummy!   

I know what you are thinking.....why on gods green earth would I want to try fake chicken nuggets or a bean burger?  Why would I want to step into the meatless section in the freezer aisle?  Really, why would any person want to subject themselves to imitation chicken nuggets?  Do you want to know why ... drum roll ... you can't judge it until you try it. 

Next time you are out grocery shopping just take a look around.  Find that meatless section.  Pick something out and give it a try.  Depending on what you purchase ... beans and/or tofu never hurt anyone!  Let me know what you tried and if you liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment