Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Kidsday"

The entire week I've said .... "on Saturday, I'm going to make it all about the kids".  So, I dedicated this day entirely to them.  Well, not entirely!  I jumped right up at 5:15 to "hit it" with my morning date.  If you believe that full heartily, I'm pretty good at lying.  My throat has been hurting for the past couple of days, especially in the morning and at night.  Explain that?!  So when I actually rumbled out of bed at 5:45 .... I headed for my side of the playroom.  Legs and Back ... P90X style today.  As I decided a little while ago ... all or nothing!  I must have done it up right because my buttocks, hamstrings, and calves are hurting! 

The kids got up.  Had some breakfast.  Got dressed.  And out the door we headed!  Today was the first day of basketball for first - third grade boys at United.  Payne was ready!  It is coached by the father of one of his best buddies.  The whole lot of them was there...for a second I thought it was football practice!  More than half of the football team was there.  He was happy to see his buddies...especially out of school.  Hadley sat in the stand with me.  We talked to each other.  I talked to a few of the fathers...not to many mothers at a 9 am basketball practice.  She watched movies.  Colored pictures.  And made buddies with a few little, little guys that were there to watch their brother.  They enjoyed her movies and coloring books. 

Afterwards, we headed home.  The were nice enough to make me lunch.  DID YOU CATCH THAT?!  Yep, they made me lunch.  I'm not telling what it was because you can't turn down lunch made by your 6 and 8 year old.  We did a little cleaning and maintenance around the house.  Then we headed outside.  I moved the vehicles.  And then.....the electric scooters came out.  Grandma and Pap Breretons' Christmas gift has been christened! 

Thumbs up to Grandma & Pap Brereton!


How fast can I go?  JK She doesn't like the motor! 

Another thumbs up for Grandma & Pap Brereton! 

I read the box.  I know how fast it will go! 

Dang that Pap Grimm for leaving his truck in the way!  The best jump is under it! 

Not good!  He is contemplating something.....

You had to go outside today!  When is it 50 degrees in January in OHIO?!  Kinda scares me.... The boy had on shorts for goodness sakes.  While they enjoyed their little ride around.  I got the pleasure of doing this.......

Someone has to read them!


Next on tap, a trip to Calcutta.  Now for us that doesn't sound like fun BUT for kids with gift cards burning holes in their pockets.  It sounds SPECTACULAR!  John did join the picture at this point.  He came home from hunting.  We headed out to dinner at their favorite Chinese restaurant.  If one particular friend is reading...thank you for taking me to Szchuaen Garden oh so many years ago.  Now the adults did stop and get some new running shoes.  Yes, I said adults.  John purchased some Sauconys'....I told him they are the best!  Dessert at Brusters' tonight.  Hadley wanted ice cream.  How do you tell her no on the newly named "kidsday"?!  You don't. 

Off to Game Stop.  Now, normally it isn't my favorite place but tonight was different.  Our young man showed how thoughtful he is tonight.  Hadley had her American Express gift card earmarked for something BUT she changed her mind.  She made her first ever Game Stop purchase.  She bought a Nintendo DSI!  Now that used all of her card plus a little from Dad.  There wasn't enough for even a game.  Before either parent could step in Payne said and I quote "Hadley, since you don't have any money left, I will buy this game for you with my gift card."  We looked at him and said "What?"  Of course, he repeated the same thing.  He told me "Mom, she can't get a game system without picking out a game.  So, I will use my money to get one for her."  Can you imagine that?  Seriously?  John shook his hand and told him how nice that was.  I hugged him and told him that was very nice.  NOW, I will admit that I ended up purchasing the game.  Sometimes it is the thought that counts the most.  I didn't want him to use his Christmas gift on someone else.  Hadley thinks he bought it and that is all that matters. 

She returned the favor in the next store!  Gotta love my kiddos!  Well, I better get off of here.  Saturday is "scary" movie night here.  And I hear them getting ready!  This is the one night they get to stay up this late.  And trust me ... there is NOTHING even remotely "scary" about these movies!  Hope everyone has a great and wonderful evening!  Off to watch Killer and Muscles tomorrow! 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment