Thursday, January 26, 2012

Something has been bothering me!

I know you're worried the complaints are going to start!  Nothing like that.  In this world of blogs, there are a few that I follow daily, some weekly, and some I just check in on occasionally.  On Tuesday of this week,  MomSwimBikeRun had a blog post about excuses.  I believe it was Excuses are for Dummies.  Don't hold me to the exact title.  Let me say .... it really got under my skin!  That blog post has been lingering in the back of my mind ever since. 

Guess one could say it made me think?  Or I agree with it?  Or maybe it bothered me because I've used some excuses myself.  Oh who am I kidding!  It pissed me off because I've used excuses myself.  Now, I had just come off of four days of doing nothing when I read it.  The first two and a half were justified.  I like to be able to breathe out of my nose.  The rest.  Well yeah.  Um.  I could have done more.  I guess a thank you is in order to MomSwimBikeRun for that post.  It put my a@@ in gear! 






I have this on my motivation wall.  I urge people to not make excuses.  What is your excuse?  Too tired?  Kids have activities?  Too busy?  Not enough time?  And the list goes on.  Trust me, I've used them all.  Really and truly, I do believe in the power of good nutrition and exercise.  It may not cure all but it sure the heck isn't going to hurt.  I'll admit to using it as therapy.  I mean after a craptastic conversation or encounter where you just want to scream.  What is better than a little physical exertion to get the anger out?  I just imagine that my weights are hitting them ever so gently upside the head.  Or maybe, I'm running over them.  During Kenpo, I have to aim for something when punching and kicking.  Right?! 

Do you think I would ever do that?!  So next time you are thinking of using that lame excuse.  You know the one.  The one that even you don't buy.  Just think about how much better you will feel after even 30 minutes of movement.  Really?  Won't it make your day better? 

Because you know what?  It comes down to .......




Pretty much this applies to every single thing in life.  Nothing is going to be handed to you. 


Get up off your a@@ butt and work for it! 
     



   

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love it!!! I'm glad it pissed you off, because it had the desired effect.

    ReplyDelete