Saturday, January 14, 2012

Never judge a

There are a lot of people out there that determine the intensity of their workouts by the amount of sweat that is produced.  I remember while attending Weight Watchers, years ago, they had a listing of the ways to determine the intensity of your workout.  It said things like can you hold a conversation, lightly sweating, moderately sweating, out of breath, heavy sweating, etc.  And awarded exercise points by this chart.  Right off the bat to me this listing was NOT CORRECT.  Trust me!  You can't always judge a workout by the amount of sweat that you produce.  Take a look at this picture (graphic)...


This is all sweat....nothing was added for this picture! 



What do you think I did?  Full P90X workout.  Five mile run.  Full P90x workout and a five mile run.  Come on!  Take guess!  Did I bust a move and really push myself this day?  Have any guesses?  Guesses anyone?  Here is your answer .... this was from a three mile jog on my treadmill.  The miles were ran at about a 11:30 pace.  Not busting a move!  No P90x.  Just a short jog.  So, this was a "lolly gagging" day for me.  No pushing my limits.  But I still look like I've been drenched with water.  So, don't ever judge the intensity or level of your workout by sweat alone.  Trust me it can be very wrong! 


I'm thankful for .... Sweet Potato Fries! 




Set oven to 400, slice sweet potatoes into strips, place on cookie sheet (can cover sheet with parchment paper if you choose), spray a light coating of olive oil on the strips (if you don't have a sprayer, coat lightly in a bowl), sprinkle with Kosher salt and paprika, bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.  Time depends on your oven.  We like them with no dipping sauce!  Actually, we haven't found anything that sounds good with them.  Give them a try and let me know what you think!   

   


No comments:

Post a Comment