Monday, January 16, 2012

What I've learned today

Is that when you eat sugar, you crave sugar.  At least in my case.  Over the past several years, I've really cut out a lot of things in my life.  And continue to evolve in that way.  I normally drink unsweetened ice tea and water only.  Well, I do have milk in the morning.  When I go all out and splurge on Diet Coke ... it makes me burp something horrible.  I know TMI!  Now this is something that you will never hear me say ever again in life .... I am a huge McDonald's unsweetened ice tea fan.  Did you ever think I would mention McDonalds' and fan in the same sentence.  But who can pass up a large drink for $1.00?  They change that where I go and they are loosing a customer.

Only downfall, one trip they gave me the sweetened kind by mistake.  I seriously spit all over my car.  Gross!  There are a lot of people out there that love it but I'm not one.  I could see being addicted to it.  If I'm not mistaken there is a 5 pound bag per container.  Are you kidding me?!  Today, I wanted some hot tea.  So, I made a cup.  Now what you must understand is I MUST HAVE SUGAR IN MY HOT TEA.  I can handle a lot of things unsweetened but not hot tea.  BLAH!  BLAH!  BLAH!  One cup became two.  No big deal.  As the day progressed,  I literally found myself craving sugary items.  Something that I don't crave.  Salt and crunch, yes!  Sugary, no!  It amazed me how quickly that craving kicked in.  Just from this morning.  Who knows maybe the organic sugar is slightly sweeter?  Just a thought.  Spoke with my Momma and she gave me credit for realizing it so fast.  And stated that I know it now and can revert right back quickly. 

So, if you know of an alternative sweetener please pass it along.  Remember, only natural substances here.  No colored packets! 

1 comment: