Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Seriously! Was it not gorgeous?

I love snow.  With that being said how often do we get 60 degree days here in Ohio on January 31st?  Really?!  I can't think of any.  So, I trotted my little self outside and enjoyed the day.  Did a little 4 mile run.  I truly have NO CLUE the time or anything.  I wanted to take the day in!  Seriously.  It was spectacular! 

I brought up a little challenge to some of my Facebook friends for February.  Only water in February!  Milk and juice are allowed also.  No tea, coffee, pop, etc.  I'm planning to drink a cup of hot tea this evening as a "going away" party present for myself.  How sad.....  I had some takers and we'll see how this goes.  All on the honor system of course.  Anyone up for challenge?  The rest of the day was spent making a grocery list and figuring out calorie counts.  Do I need to go grocery shopping!  UGH!  I hate to shop but at times we must.  And I make so many homemade things that I need to add things to myfitnesspal.com.  BTW, if you want to log on over at myfitnesspal.com, I started a new account as LoveLaughSweatFuel.  Look me up!   

Here is a picture of two of my favorite things.......  


Wasa brand "crackers" and flatbreads.  Not every ones "cup of tea"!  But I love them.  Topped with tuna, chicken, cottage cheese and fruit, a little veggies, and sometimes as a treat a little flavored cheese wedge.  They come in many flavors and varieties.  I know in our neck of the woods you can find them all the time at Big Lots at a discounted price.  Give them a try and let me know what you think....

Also, I'm going to share a recipe here.  This isn't the healthiest recipe in the world.  But I guarantee you it is good and you WON'T eat a lot of it.  At least not a second time!  We'll leave the issues that can be caused out.  Use with veggies, on top of baked potatoes, with chips, anything really.  This is a Grimm family favorite!  My Aunt Lil shared this recipe with the family when I was around eleven.  Dear lord, that was twenty seven years ago.  Boy, oh boy ... do I feel old. 

Here is the recipe....take one packet dry Italian dressing mix, 1 cup buttermilk, and 1 15 oz. jar of Hellmans mayo ... mix, let sit overnight, enjoy!  This is a recipe that brand means a lot with ... stick with Hellmans!  All others have been tried and it changes the taste drastically.  As I mentioned earlier, not the healthiest.  But it is good and you won't eat a lot!  I don't eat it very often so the 93 calories and 16 grams of fat per tablespoon don't scare me that much.  It doesn't scare me because it makes me ill.  As you can imagine, my extended family isn't necessarily the pictures of health and wellness.  If the calories and fat don't scare you off .... let me know what you think of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment