Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012

Here we are JANUARY 1, 2012.  Does time fly!  Tis' the season for this and that but mainly it is resolution time.  A resolution is defined as .... the act or process of resolving; act of answering, solving, or determining.  I'm not a resolution kinda gal.  I'm more of a goal type.  A goal is defined as .... the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.  Which would you rather be? 

As most of you are aware my main goal for 2012 is to be "EXTRAORDINARY"!  Truthfully, I've spent a good portion of my life being "average" and I'm pretty over it.  Now, I'm more than aware that I may only be "EXTRAORDINARY" in my own mind, or those of my families, but that is okay with me. 

One could say that I'm pretty hard on myself.  And I'm never 100% pleased with my results.  And that I can set pretty lofty goals for myself.  Yep, all three technically would be correct.  

I like to work and have been known to get bored easily.  So, I sat down with my trusty notebook and made a list of goals for 2012.  Of course, these are my own personal goals.  We have ones for the family and others that are for John and I.  This is my 2012 goal list .....

1.  Log all my daily workouts.  I do pretty well.  But have been known to go a few weeks without logging on.  Watch me light up dailymile.com!

2.  LOFTY GOAL ALERT .... Run 750+ miles in 2012. 

3.  Complete my first 1/2 marathon. 

4.  Compete in the Dicks Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon ... either the Full Marathon Relay or the 1/2 Marathon. 

5.  Complete my second full marathon.

6.  Really get a hold on my nutrition.  I've been told numerous times that I don't consume enough. 

7.  Investigate the two programs that I'm interested in.  YES, I finally know what I want to be when I grow up! 

8.  Amaze myself! 

So what are your goals for 2012?  Write them down.  Then let the work begin.  My work began today.  Only 747 miles to go!  Come on!  Get your pen and paper out.  We can work on them together!   


Don't be afraid to go after what you want! 

Remember, the only thing holding you back ... is YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment