Monday, January 30, 2012

What a year can do, part 1

Here we are already!  Month #1 is in the books.  This first month was a little experimental.  Getting back into the swing of things and try to watch my nutrition.  Let me just say here and now, my nutrition sucks!  I don't eat enough.  I absolutely detest tracking my food.  Along with measuring it.  But sometimes we must do things we don't like!  So, I went out and purchased ......


My trusty new scale.  If food passes my lips it will either be weighed or measured in a cup.  No exceptions.  Again, I detest weighing my food.  DETEST!  But for this .... I'll make an exception.  As I said earlier .... sometimes you have to do things you don't like to get to your goal.  Next purchase....


Notebook where I plan to log everything.  I track my stuff online also.  Sometimes it seems like I'm always on the computer.  So, I will be jotting down and then at days end logging on.  Over the past month, I've logged 52 miles through today.  And did an additional 19 workouts ... mainly P90x.  Those miles will increase in the next month.  Here is my workout schedule for February....... 


It is pretty blurry.  I follow as closely as I can.  I did have issues with making a few excuses this past month.  I mentioned the other day that a fellow bloggers post pissed me off.  I know it was because I used excuses and felt guilty.  Won't happen again!  TRUST ME!  I'm ready.  I'm willing.  And I'm able.  Nothing is in the way.  Here is my today.......
 

Goodness, I take the worst pictures.  I know the photographer doesn't help.  But my double chin isn't that big in real life.  At least I don't think so!  I had to wear my new Nike pants.  I had asked for the orange ones at Christmas but my family thought blue was more my color.  I have not gotten to wear them yet.  They are for cold weather and have a thin layer of "fleece" in them.  It hasn't been cold enough for me to wear them.  And I feel guilty!  And yes, I'm rocking slippers with them for this picture. 

So here are the down right dirty details for January.......

Measurements

12-28-11 ..... Neck 14 3/4                                 1-30-12 .....  14 5/8
                      Arm  R 14 1/2 L 14 1/2                                    R 14 3/4 L 14 1/2
                      Thigh R 23 3/4 L 23 5/8                                   R 24 L 23 3/4
                      Calf R 16 1/4 L 15 5/8                                      R 16 1/2 L 16 1/4
                      Waist 38 1/2                                                      37 7/8
                      Weight  190                                                       188


I'm not really worried about the weight.  It is just a number.  I know my pants fit a little differently.  Which is good!  I have a hard time with pants.  My legs and waist don't wear the same size.  Very frustrating.  I haven't forgotten my motto for 2012......


I just have to figure out how to do it!  This month will bring some more changes.  I plan to be much more diligent with my nutrition and workouts.  Also, my hubby has decided to come along on the ride.  I did take before pics but he doesn't want me to share them.  He makes me laugh!  I told him it will take me a year to show a real change.  While with him, he'll be there by April!     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment