Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday ....

Just your typical Friday here in the Brereton house.  Alarm at 5:15 am.  Tony and me around 5:30 am.  I threw in Stretch X for today.  On the normal schedule starting Monday.  No challenges today!  Don't worry, I'm not giving up.  Shower.  Then breakfast.  Breakfast was a treat this morning.  See, I'm mainly a oatmeal kinda girl.  Hasn't always been that way.  But today, I thought why not treat myself.

My treat.......


Love it!  I don't eat it very often.  Like I said ... just on treat days.  Kiddos and I left the house and picked up Grandma.  Off to Rogers we were.  Some veggies to buy.  Plus a Grimm family "holidayish" tradition was on the schedule for the evening.  We bought carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, blackberries, red raspberries, garlic, "meat" sticks, and cheese.  I wasn't fully in charge of all purchased or some would never have been bought.  Remember everyone doesn't share my feelings on food.  We picked up a few other items in Calcutta and then headed home. 

Then it was my turn to take this ....



And turn it into this .....



Don't judge the table cloths and paper plates.  I didn't want to do dishes.  And with my old table there was no need for a covering.  It was great!  With this one,  I worry about getting stuff on it.  Only non-holiday cloths I have are vintage!  It was Grimm family fondue night.  We have fondued over the holidays for as long as I can remember.  What once was a feast of grease and cheese has now become something else.  There used to be beef, hot dogs, cheese, broccoli, cauliflower, shrimp, cocktail sauce, batter, and chips.  Not any more!  Now it is about eating veggies and dip.  Shrimp cocktail ... no breading on the shrimp.  Fish.  And mushrooms.  I consumed a plate full of veggies.  Plus, I would say maybe 15 shrimp.  Good sized ones ... we don't like little shrimp.  And two "fondued" items.  Just not my thing anymore! 

It is now more about the "tradition" of it.  It is more about the sitting around, talking, and laughing.  Not the actual eating.  It used to end in everyone feeling sick, tired, and bloated.  This time things were left up-opened.  Items untouched.  I really think all the Grimms' are slowly changing their habits.  Trust me that isn't a bad thing!       

No comments:

Post a Comment