Sunday, December 18, 2011

Another family weekend .... Brereton style!

Here we are again ... the weekend!  We started out with the Ryan Carpet Sales and Service annual Christmas party.  Hadley was very excited about it this year.  Of course, the rest of us Breretons' were excited also.  She was STOKED to sit on Santa's lap.  It was all about sitting on Santa's lap.  And dressing herself and I.  Payne picked out my shirt a few weeks back and Hadley went from there.  



Dont' we look pretty?  One guess who likes purple ... it isn't me! 


Our photographer does his best????

ADMIT IT!  You've all been there..... 

After the long photo session at home, 6 bad pictures, we headed out to the Christmas party. 

She did it! 

What!?  I like my hat! 

Do we have something on our face?  Hadley and cousin Meghan having fun! 

Gotta make your own fun!  Talking is boring. 

Sunday came around and it was Muscles and Killer time again!  Wrestling can really eat up a day.  The kids are in the early session which starts at Noon.  They must be there at 11 am for weigh-ins.  So, that means out the door around 10 am.  Normally, one of them will wrestle early and one late.  Which means were are almost there the entire session.  Which doesn't bother us because then we can "cheer" on all the United Youth Wrestlers.  But even if we come straight home, that means not arriving until around 3 pm.  Killer was up right off the bat!  She was ready.  Well, at least she said she was.  What do I have to try to get that girl a WIN!  I'm not even talking PIN.  I know she'll get there.  Now that they are both better, we can go back to using Muscles as a dummy.  She was pinned in both her matches.  Hey, she is having fun!  Muscles wasn't up for hours!  At least it seemed that way.  He was ready.  I knew he really wanted to do this today.  His first match went all three rounds with a score of 6 to 5 in favor of his opponent.  His second match was 6 to 4 in his favor until he was looking at the "scoreboard and clock" and was caught off guard and his opponent pinned in him the second.  Can't be looking around!  Gotta keep you mind in the match.  Even with getting beat ... HE DID SO WELL TODAY!  Sounds crazy but he was in it to win it today.  Except for the loss of concentration while looking at the "score".  We all told him ... Dad, Mom, Grandma Grimm, and Pap Grimm ... that there was visible improvement.  LOVED IT!  I explained that sometimes even if the outcome isn't what we want you can still see improvement.  I know at that age if it isn't a win then it isn't anything.  But already said he is ready for after the holidays!  I know he'll get it.  He has mentioned next year already.  Which is a good thing!     

Left the matches behind and started on some Christmas cookies!  Sugar cookies to be exact.  I didn't really think about it until all of my ingredients were out but what would my cookies look like with ww flour and organic sugar.  Neither is white.  They are tan.  Let's just say our cut-outs look suntanned!  But honestly does it matter what they look like?  NO!  It is what they taste like.  I did a tried and true recipe this year .... my Grandma Grimms'.  Trust me there was no whole wheat anything or organic sugar used by her. 

A little "sun tanned".  Bet they taste good! 

Yep, they taste fine! 

Approved by all! 

Yes, they washed their hands prior to putting these together! 

And finally ........



YES, I will eat those if you leave them sit out.  I've already taste tested the tree ornaments! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment