Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Remind and Moving On!

The new year is fast approaching!  2012 will be here in the blink of an eye.  What do I have in store for the new year?  Remember, I'm entering the new year with the attitude of "SCREW AVERAGE"!  I want to be "EXTRAORDINARY"! 

Six years ago today, this picture appeared on my computer..... 



I know .... WHOA!  I saw a sad, unhappy woman.  Maybe that is because I knew she was unhappy with herself.  Instead of giving up, I pulled up "my big girl gutchies" and made some lifestyle changes.  Which led me to this.....


Go ahead and laugh!  We did.  The hat isn't the most flattering.  And even Payne said "Mom, you can't see your muscles at all!"  But you get the picture.  Now for 2012, I'm following my new personal motto of...



Yeah, yeah ... I know what your thinking.  Haven't you been following this motto for a few weeks?  Yes!  But I thought it appropriate to start my official year today.  Being the sixth anniversary of the official before picture.  My goal for December 28, 2011 to December 28, 2012 is to truly see what one year can do.  What can I do to my body in one full year?  I fully know that the changes I've already made are lifestyle changes and I am not going back.  I don't have reverse.  Just forward!

From here on out maybe TMI for some but I'm going to put it all out there.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  I'm in no way shape or form ashamed of my body.  Trust me ... I'm truthful!  I've worked hard for it.  Hell, I continue to work hard.  Here I am on DAY 1....








I take some extremely flattering photos, don't I?  Really the only thing worse could possibly be mug shots!  But anyways, get the laughter out of your system.  I have never said I'm a little girl.  Nor do I have that much coveted "hourglass figure".  Nope, I pretty much have always rocked the "rectangle".  It took many years for me to be 100% comfortable with that.  This is how I'm made.  Now, I'm going to do something even more shocking.....I'm giving my measurements, weight, and clothing sizes!  WHAT LADY IN HER RIGHT MIND DOES THAT?  One that is completely comfortable with themselves.   

DAY 1

Weight:  190 lbs. .... apparently I've enjoyed the holidays!  I've gained 6 lbs. in the last 4 months. 

Measurements:  (you will quickly see why I pick rectangle.  I'm pretty symmetrical.)

Neck  ......  14 3/4
Arms   .....  Right  14 1/2  Left  14 1/2
Thigh  .....  Right  23 3/4  Left   23 5/8
Calf     .....  Right  16 1/4 Left 15 5/8
Waist   ....   38 1/2
Chest   ....  43 3/4  .... around the bra band 40

Clothing sizes:  bottoms 10 to a 14.  Depends on the manufacturer and style.    
                          tops L to XL.  It depends on the manufacturer and style.  

My husband enjoyed taking those measurements.  And I do believe he looks forward to taking them every month!  Now, I'm not worried about loosing weight.  And truthfully, I would love to see some of the measurements go up.  I love muscle!  So, take some time every month on the 28th and check in with me.  Watch me throughout the year! 



LETS ALL SEE WHAT A YEAR CAN DO! 



Anyone else up for the challenge?  I'm not asking for pics and measurements.  Just join in and share your experience throughout the year!  Feel free to share!  We all have different journeys! 

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for an open/honest post. I know that wasn't easy. I look forward to following along-- Susan

    ReplyDelete