Friday, December 23, 2011

Remember during the holiday season ....

Good morning!  Sitting here with the sun beaming through our window and hitting my face,  I can't help but think it is going to be a glorious day.  Over the next several days it is very easy to loose sight of what is important.  People worry about making others happy.  Getting here, there, and everywhere in a day or two.  Did I get the "perfect" present for ____?  Remember, you must remember to make yourself happy.  When you are stressed, those around you are stressed also.  There is no such thing as "perfect".  Sit back, take a deep breath, and make the holiday what you want.

I'm very excited about this holiday season.  Yes, we did a scaled down version when it comes to gifts by choice.  But I have some surprises for people over the holiday season.  Sometimes it is those little things that say the most.  Oh I'll let a little "cat out of the bag" ... I picked some people to give surprise gifts too.  People that are normally not of the "radar" of our gift giving.  I'm excited!  This is something that I decided to do this year and plan to do yearly with my kids.  Remember, it is the thought that counts.  And sometimes a little can say mountains. 

I really love Christmas.  I always have.  I've never dreaded the holidays ... well I did last year!  But I dreaded every thing last year.  One of my favorite things was the gift bags I used to do for my nieces and nephews.  See when I came into the Brereton family,  I wanted to do something from me to the kids.  So, I purchased gift bags, sat them in the laundry room, and spent all year filling them.  I told myself that no one item could be over $5.00.  It could be anything.  Truthfully, I don't know how much I spent on them.  I didn't care.  I 100% without a doubt enjoyed doing it!  I LOVED the look on their faces when I handed them out.  It went on for years.  Then one year, I was informed that a family discussion was had and I was no longer allowed to do them.  Any idea what is making a comeback for 2012? 

I have a few other tricks up my sleeve for the coming year.  Life is short!  Period.  I'm going to fill it doing things that my family and I love.  Take a few minutes over the coming week.  Sit down.  Make a list of 5 things that you would love to do for others.  Make sure there are items your kids can be involved with also.  The others can be family, friends, or strangers.  It may be "mighty" or it may be "pea size".  Then make a plan to do at least 2 of those items in 2012.  You never know what type of an impact those things can have on others.  I have my list!  What will be on yours? 

REMEMBER .... Show those you LOVE just how much you LOVE them daily.  A day should never go without LAUGHTER.  There is nothing wrong with breaking a good SWEAT but not over the small stuff.  And always remember to consume quality FUEL because your body is not like a car.  You can't go buy another one! 

HERE IS WISHING THAT EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HAS A WONDERFUL AND VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment