Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Beginning of Why the "Fuel" ......

I'm starting with a disclaimer.  I will only say this once and it stands from here on out.  On food days, I'm expressing my opinions and choices.  I'm not saying anyone chooses to eat badly.  That your choices are not good.  That my family eats better than yours.  That you don't care about your family.  Needless to say, I've heard it all before.  This is my life and my choice.  I may repeat some things that you don't agree with.  I may believe things that you don't.  If you are offended by my thoughts on food then my suggestion would be .... STOP READING!  And do not read any of my future posts on food.  Thank you!




Why, why, why?  I ask myself that almost every time I go grocery shopping.  Why is it so hard to get quality food?  Why do I have to go to 6 or 7 different stores?  Why don't I just go to one and call it a day?  Some would say it is just Jen being Jen.  Always doing it the hard way.  I say it is because I care.  As said in my first "fuel" post, we really don't eat that differently than anyone else.  We are not starving.  I made this choice after reading many, many things.  And I continue to read.  Out of hope it would improve my health and my families health ..... I made the change.  Everyone can stand to get healthier! 

I've read about preservatives, growth hormones, added flavors, and numerous other things involving genetically modified, manufactured, processed, and frankenfoods.  Studies on children's behavior, autoimmune disorders, how this crap can affect the body, and the general state of Americas health. 

Yes, we as a nation don't SWEAT enough.  But we also don't consume much real food.  Ever look at a package of chicken?  Look at the ingredients list.  WAIT!  Why is there an ingredients list?  Chicken is chicken, right?  NOT!  Some brands, who will remain nameless, have up to 12% added water, saline, and natural chicken flavors.  Why do you have to flavor chicken with natural chicken flavor?  Shouldn't it already taste like chicken. 

Growth hormones used for animals.  Gotta get them bigger faster!  The hormones are then in the meat and milk we consume.  Studies are starting to show a link between the growth hormones in meat and the early development of girls.  The amount of antibiotics given to animals at factory farms is unbelievable.  It is estimated that 75 to 85% of the antibiotics consumed in the United States are consumed by the animals that we eat.  Think that might have something to do with why some diseases seem to be drug resistant?  Can't help. 

How much "food" at the store is based on corn?  More than you would ever think.  You know that slogan "You can't eat just one".  They are manufactured for that.  Why can't you stop over-eating?  Because the "food" is engineered so you will crave it.  Corn that is genetically modified to be pest, drought, and weed resistant.  It has Round-up in it.  Do you think maybe, just maybe that chemical is finding its way into your system little by little? 

Why can't I freeze a potato but they sell them in the freezer section at the store?  I can mash them and freeze them but nothing else.  Always turns to mush.  I thought about that for a little while.  What exactly is on them?  Why can they be in the freezer for a year and still turn out yummy?  Bet it is safe for our bodies. 

And the story will be CONTINUED................... 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment