Thursday, December 1, 2011

Screw average...........

If you read my last post, you saw that we all have bad days!  I have my ups and downs just like anyone.  When my husband works HIS midnight shift, I get all stressed for a little while.  One would think that I'd be used to it by now.  Seeing that he did spend the better part of six months on midnights.  He is working!  I cannot complain.   

You see I've felt "lost" for a little while now.  I continued to workout but it was without purpose.  Exercising without purpose is pretty much a waste.  I can do 100 arm curls but if they are mindless....it is just wasted time.  I've had a revelation.  I'm tired of doing things 75% of the way.  Yeah, I said it.  I don't ALWAYS give 100%.  I do well at 75% but think about what 100% would be like.  You see deep down, way deep down....I must have a little part of me that doesn't think I should succeed.  That average is fine.

SCREW AVERAGE! 

I DON'T WANT TO BE AVERAGE! 

What it comes down to right now ..... my motto scares me!



That is why I choose it.  I want it!  And honestly, I'm a little nervous of what the work that will be involved.  I'm taking it seriously.  Very seriously.  My husband is actually a little nervous because of how serious I'm taking this.  

I WANT TO BE EXTRAORDINARY! 

That is why I re-committed to myself a few weeks ago.  And today, I upped the anty.  I pulled the information and did the initial tests.  For what you ask.  Well, I stole one from MOMSWIMBIKERUN and added a few.  My challenges are 100 push ups, 150 chair dips, and 200 squats.  My initial tests were 48 push ups, 25 chair dips, and 43 squats.  I will be starting the challenges on Monday.  And I will be writing about them. 

There will be NO FAILURE or BOREDOM!  


More "Why the Food" coming tomorrow! 

1 comment: