Monday, December 12, 2011

This weekend ... John, Jen, Payne, & Hadley Brereton style

Good morning!  Little of this and a little of that make for a wonderful weekend.  Hope all of you had the same.  Enjoying your family and friends along with everything this time of the year brings along.  Well not everything....we all run into "those people" out shopping.  You know the ones!  Next time you run into one look them straight in the eye and say "What a beautiful day!  I hope you are having a spectacular time and are enjoying everything life has to offer!"  Trust me, that is sure to irritate the crap out of them.  I started this weekend out with a new outlook.  Trust me, the situation that I was talking about in my last blog put unnecessary "weight on my shoulders" and I feel great now! 

We started our weekend Christmas tree shopping.......

Good ole' Copes Christmas Trees!  I've been going here for the vast majority of my life .... can you beat a 2 to 5 mile drive? 






We're ready!  I explained what the pics were for but my husband has no idea what a "blog" is.  The kids tried to explain ..... 6 & 8 explaining that!

THIS ONE?  

THIS ONE?

THIS ONE? 

MAYBE THIS ONE??


NOPE!  This is the winner ..... it has complete Brereton family approval.  His name is Leroy.




One thing about John and I, we see the possibilities in everything.  And we are passing that along to our children.  With a little work, time, love, and sometimes money ... anything can be great!  And beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  We truly do love Leroy


The daylight pics don't do it justice.  I will take more in the dark.  The trunk and each branch is wrapped with lights.  With over 600 lights, 150 gingerbread men (both homemade and store bought), and 55 yards of ribbon ..... we love our tree! 

On Saturday, we spent the afternoon and evening shopping.  Our annual Grimm family shopping trip.  For as long as I can remember, Grandma and Pap Grimm have taken one day and headed off to Canton to shop.  Yes, I know it isn't that far but we have always done it.  When John came along he joined in the fun.  And then the kids!  We all pile into the Yukon and get close.  Sometimes to close!  JK  We laughed that about this trip ... Payne blew his nose constantly and coughed every so often, Hadley began well then started coughing all the time and progressed down hill, and lets' just say there were some gastrointestinal issues.  I KNOW TMI!  You had to be there! 

On Sunday, the kids decided that wrestling was a GO!  There was a family discussion held on it.  You see we believe wrestling is important but school is more important.  They were no 100% but wanted to go.  So off we went.  During warm-ups, one teammate threw up right in the middle of a mat.  NICE!  And we noticed that about 10 of them were not there.  Muscles was pinned both times, quickly.  You could tell that by the time the matches came around the meds had worn off!  And he had no fight, no fight at all.  He is normally pale but WOW!  GHOSTLY was the word to use.  Killers weight group was last.  We waited and waited.  Then I saw one of the coaches looking.  Here she came.  There would be no wrestling for Killer today.  She was standing in front of me teary eyed, shaking from being cold, and saying her belly and head hurt.  So, we packed it in and headed home.  Live and learn.  Mom and Dad should have known not to take them.  Oh well!  We came home, made some dinner, meds were taken, and the tree was decorated.  And all is good today!  They are off to school....

Hope your weekend was event packed!  This week brings wrestling, Rice Krispy houses, pizza fundraiser, company Christmas party, and what ever else this crazy world throws at the Brereton family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment