Saturday, December 3, 2011

Holiday "randomness"

This week/weekend has been all about getting ready for the holidays.  All done Brereton style.  The "big tree" comes next weekend.  There is much prep involved with it.  See we do a different tree every year.  Yes, that means we have had 13 distinctively different trees.  Here are a just a few pics of our holiday preparations..............


Gingerbread houses





 Hadleys' fine work!

 Paynes' beautiful house! 


Yes, I was in charge of the icicles.  After putting on some icing, I realized it would be much easier with an icing bag and tip.  BUT we didn't cheat!  I told the kids we were using the items in the kit only!  Now, we are taking bets as to when the dog will consume one.  They smell quite tasty! 

The kids growing nutcracker collection


They are afraid of a stuffed elf but LOVE these things!  Explain that!

Hadleys' beautiful purple Christmas tree 



Paynes' blue & gold Christmas tree.....he takes school colors seriously! 



Mom and Dads' Christmas tree

I love a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree! 

Our little nativity



Just wait for the pictures of our main tree.  Should be good!  The kids and I will be making the decorations this week.  Hope you all had a great and wonderful Saturday! 



I'm thankful for ........... that I can sit and write this with a little bird reading everything out loud to me.  Maybe I can teach him to proof read for me.  Check my grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation.  NOT! 






No comments:

Post a Comment